CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wiring help

CAMOETO

So I picked up my 2002 BB a couple of months ago and all seemed fine. However I noticed something odd a few days ago. It seems as if the main wiring harness may not be running through the correct location on my bike. It is running through the left lower inner cowling and the spot where it comes out of the cowling to go into the dash, the bolt on the left side of the fork brace is rubbing up against it when the wheel is turned all the way to the right.

Is this the correct position for the main wiring harness? I have a suspicion that it is supposed to go between the forks as there is a almost empty wiring loom there with just a thin wire for what I believe is an aftermarket alarm.

There is a channel on the outside of the left air intake. I believe the harness you are talking about should run through that channel. It is snug, but that is what holds it in place IIRC.

I just went through this on mine. I had mistakingly ran mine on the inside last time i had it apart and ran it correctly this time. Mine puts pressure on the right side (facing the bike) ram air duct which keeps it from lining up with the hole in the nose exactly right.

There is a channel on the outside of the left air intake. I believe the harness you are talking about should run through that channel. It is snug, but that is what holds it in place IIRC.

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I have to take something off to replace the low-beam bulb anyway so might as well do this. Might be a royal pain in the arse since I'm slow on repair stuff.

Spicholy, if I happen to be in your neck of the woods, do you mind showing me where exactly it goes if I can't figure it out myself?

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I have to take something off to replace the low-beam bulb anyway so might as well do this. Might be a royal pain in the arse since I'm slow on repair stuff.

Spicholy, if I happen to be in your neck of the woods, do you mind showing me where exactly it goes if I can't figure it out myself?

Sorry for the delay in response. I forgot about this thread. Sure, no problem. Let me know when.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in response. I forgot about this thread. Sure, no problem. Let me know when.

Sorry, stopped looking at this thread after I fixed it. I just ended up taking the whole front apart as I needed to change a headlight bulb as well.

Sorry, stopped looking at this thread after I fixed it. I just ended up taking the whole front apart as I needed to change a headlight bulb as well.

If your hands aren't too huge, you can do the light bulb without removing any body work. Access it through the square hole in the bottom of the nose cowl.

So, did the wiring harness run where I thought it did?

If your hands aren't too huge, you can do the light bulb without removing any body work. Access it through the square hole in the bottom of the nose cowl.

So, did the wiring harness run where I thought it did?

My harness was the same as Silverbird2's and it ran through the wrong side of the air duct (on the inside). After I took it apart I did what you said and ran it through the channel on the outside of the air duct. Fit just fine. Thank you for the advice.

In regards to the light bulb, I don't remember seeing any square hole on the bottom of the nose cowl, but even if it does exist I'm sure my hand would be too fat to fit through there :D I was a good experience to figure out how things fit together anyway.