CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stebel Nautilus $35.99 @ Crappy Tire

RedEye

Ultimate Blast!!1!11!!!!

Repackaged, but the horn itself says Nautilus by Stebel. Sale ends Wednesday, but better late than never. Some guys on the other forum are saying there's another horn with the same stock # that comes in a white box, but you want the one in the blister pack. The white box is the regular non-compact version AFAIK.

• 4 months later...

So, I finally got this thing installed. Back when I bought it I discovered that all the how-tos were for FI bikes and my oil cooler was where they were mounting the Stebel, and being too caught up in other projects I shelved it. Last week I had the tank off to check the air filter and mounted the horn under the rear of the tank. I made a bracket out of 1" wide 1/8 aluminum and bolted it to the fairing mounts on each side. I ran the ground wire to one of the mounting bolts as well:

post-61658-1345326988.jpg

It's a lot higher-pitched than I thought it would be, but plenty loud . . . which I found out as soon as I hooked the power up, because the included relay was faulty. I hooked the relay up first sans horn, it clicked when I hit the horn switch, so I thought it was working. Then I hooked up the horn and shit myself a little when it went off immediately. Replaced the relay with a Bosch unit I had on hand, changed my undies, and done.

Oh, and I discovered that with the tank off (or just raised) it's easy to get a spanner wrench on the rear shock preload adjuster . . . until you mount a horn in the way.

Those stebels are great, I never thought about putting one on the bird, because for some reason I'm too stupid to look for a tutorial. :icon_wall:

I had one on a '81 wing, it's a great punisher for those cyclists that like to ride 2 or 3 abreast. I had received one for Christmas and decided to try it inside off the bike battery, the cat hasn't been seen since.