CBR1100XX.org Forum

ceramic coating exhaust

The Krypt Keeper

It was worth it in the sense that it cleaned up a mild steel header that was beginning to look pretty nasty and it did cut down on heat somewhat. But as a performance upgrade, not so much.

I will say if he's going to get it done, he needs to get it done by someone who knows what they're doing and has an established reputation. I've seen some pretty piss poor shit called "ceramic coating" including a local guy who was using some baked brush on shit. Media blasting and acid washing as prep are a must, and also full coating, meaning inside and out.

Jet-Hot always treated me right, though there are certainly other good options if you look around.

Did it mainly for looks. It seems to help the heat a little. No noticable difference otherwise.

Jet Hot is the one i used. They seem to be the most respected or atleast well known. They were the only ones i spoke with that could coat the inside as well as the outside.

It was worth it in the sense that it cleaned up a mild steel header that was beginning to look pretty nasty and it did cut down on heat somewhat. But as a performance upgrade, not so much.

The most useful part of that was having the stock exhaust cans ceramic treated. I have them now, and I can actually brush up against them at temperature without injury or discomfort.

The most useful part of that was having the stock exhaust cans ceramic treated. I have them now, and I can actually brush up against them at temperature without injury or discomfort.

Ha, I actually forgot about those. I was thinking of the aftermarket system on my old V-Max that I had done, as well as the pipe on my XR600R. I never did the header on the XX, it being proper stainless steel and all. The can were more of an aesthetic upgrade.