CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking for another motorcycle for Cheryl

Hi All,

My friend Cheryl, Have2BeFree, is looking to move up to a newer machine. Her current ride is a 2005 Yamaha FZ6 with about 29k miles on it. She put on all but 4k of it. She has done a track day (Louden) and a few long trips (to and from KY) by herself. She'd like something with more wind protection and smoother on the highway.

She has ridden a 2008 ZZR600, a 2004 VFR, and both of my ZX14s. While her dream bike is an F800ST or an NT700, due to no chain maintenance, non are in her price range at the moment.

Anyone on the board (preferably NorthEast area) have a clean VFR or perhaps an F4i they're thinking about selling?

Any recommendations on a bike for a shorter (5'3") rider would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:icon_biggrin:

see if you can pick up an f650gs with factory lowering kit.

there are quite a few available used, good wind protection, comfortable, and easy to ride.

lots of accessories as well. just make sure it is the newer model with the same engine as the 800.

I know 2 ladies who have it and are very happy, and one who gave up motorcycling and sold hers for not too much money.

e

She has ridden a 2008 ZZR600, a 2004 VFR, and both of my ZX14s. While her dream bike is an F800ST or an NT700, due to no chain maintenance, non are in her price range at the moment.

NC700X? Probably get you one new for about $6k in a couple months.

I've got a 08 Versys and a 06 Vstrom650 that she might like, dont know if that's her bag though.

She really liked the NT700 that was just traded in at MAX BMW in Troy, NY.

I told her to ride her bike in and then take the NT out so she can make a direct comparison.

At the moment, this is as close as she'll get towards a new bike. I'll gladly help her spend HER money! :icon_wink:

post-100-1327954490.jpg