CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork this...

Wario

Ok, it's a foregone conclusion that I'm lazy - fuck that, get over it - but, I don't feel like searching the history of time to find the right advice - just give it to me.

I've got a 98 XX and I'm taking the suspension to the next level and want to either re-do the forks by putting goodies inside, or swap them out for better ones.

A brother hooked me up with a great rear shock so that's done, but I'd like the front end to be able to keep up with the rear in the curves.

I can swing a wrench and I'm not afraid to either - My budget is $500. If you was me, what would you do?

$150 racetech valves

$100 on new springs

$50 on new oil

$50 on beer

$150 on hookers

+1 to that. I installed racetech springs - thanks EvilXX, and it made a huge difference.

Their top of the line valving is ~ $170, and seals would be ~ $50. Plenty of cash left over for beer.

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/2/Honda/...100XX/1997-2003

We had a group buy with Rick from Cogent a few years back.

Price was around your goal. I pulled the forks and sent them to Rick. He installed Racetech emulators, proprietary springs, new seals, oil, and returned them to me.

I put them back in and checked the SAG. It was spot on for the weight and riding style I had told him.

I have never done a suspension before, and chose to let a expert do the setup. I am very happy with the results.

Rick will sell you the parts, selected for your weight and use. I am planning on doing this for my SV. Rick's pricing was comparable with buying on-line from different suppliers.

They were the best choice for me.

Great input! Thanks Ya'll! I knew I'd get my answer fast. I've run the race tech kit before and really liked it, John also has this exact setup on his 02 and it's sweet. :icon_clap:

$150 racetech valves

$100 on new springs

$50 on new oil

$50 on beer

$150 on hookers

Excellent! You and I think a lot alike, except you like spendy hookers... :icon_eyebrows: :icon_suck:

$150 racetech valves

$100 on new springs

$50 on new oil

$50 on beer

$150 on hookers

+1 to that. I installed racetech springs - thanks EvilXX, and it made a huge difference.

Their top of the line valving is ~ $170, and seals would be ~ $50. Plenty of cash left over for beer.

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/2/Honda/...100XX/1997-2003

thank you... thank you very much. :icon_thumbsup:

We had a group buy with Rick from Cogent a few years back.

Price was around your goal. I pulled the forks and sent them to Rick. He installed Racetech emulators, proprietary springs, new seals, oil, and returned them to me.

I put them back in and checked the SAG. It was spot on for the weight and riding style I had told him.

I have never done a suspension before, and chose to let a expert do the setup. I am very happy with the results.

Rick will sell you the parts, selected for your weight and use. I am planning on doing this for my SV. Rick's pricing was comparable with buying on-line from different suppliers.

They were the best choice for me.

Rick?!? Rick who?! :icon_think:

Seriously. Introduce a brotha please. :icon_noshare:

"Rick?!? Rick who?! :icon_think:

Seriously. Introduce a brotha please. :icon_noshare:"

Rick from Cogent Dynamics (see post 6 above)

Here's a link to his site:

http://www.motocd.com/cd/

Cool... I get that part. But, there's nothing on his site about XX's. :icon_sos:

"Rick?!? Rick who?! :icon_think:

Seriously. Introduce a brotha please. :icon_noshare:"

Rick from Cogent Dynamics (see post 6 above)

Here's a link to his site:

http://www.motocd.com/cd/

Cool... I get that part. But, there's nothing on his site about XX's. :icon_sos:

Doesn't matter...He works on all brands.

He's done a lot of Blackbird front ends.

Call tomorrow and talk to Joyce or Rick if he's not busy.

Great people....

I figured that Hank would respond with better contact info faster than I could.

The web site shows very little of what Rick and team can do. As I said, they did a group buy upgrade of my forks, and offered a great deal on a shock.

But I am always tight on funds, I wish I could have done both.

Rick is excellent to talk to on the phone, and has always responded quickly to emails from the "contact us link" on the web site.

I have a email on my other computer from him concerning the SV. His pricing on the parts was better than I could get from Racetec directly.

If you're just interested in the parts, I can get very good pricing on RaceTech stuff through CycleFarkle.

• 1 month later...
$150 racetech valves

$100 on new springs

$50 on new oil

$50 on beer

$150 on hookers

$150 racetech valves

$100 on new springs

$50 on new oil

$150 on hookers

$50 on beer

Fixed :icon_wink: