CBR1100XX.org Forum

Knock-Off Levers

oldbird

Many of us have the Chinese Pazzo imitation levers and I was wondering if anyone has a quick-fix for the problem of the bike not starting unless in neutral. I realise this is due to adjusting the clutch lever too close to the grip but that is where I find it most comfortable. Anyone ??????

Many of us have the Chinese Pazzo imitation levers and I was wondering if anyone has a quick-fix for the problem of the bike not starting unless in neutral. I realise this is due to adjusting the clutch lever too close to the grip but that is where I find it most comfortable. Anyone ??????

Would jumping the wires leading to the switch work for you?

yeah this way the bike would be able to start while in gear, and even while in gear and the clutch not pulled in.. which could be down right scary...

yeah this way the bike would be able to start while in gear, and even while in gear and the clutch not pulled in.. which could be down right scary...

Thanks KK. I'm no mechanic but was thinking the same. Guess I'll just get used to it.

what about going with a smaller or thinner grip?

I have small girl hands and got my knock offs set comfy for me with progrips and never had an issue with starting while not in neutral. Got different grips now that are thicker by a few mm's so will have to ride and readjust.