CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI light

texasplumr

Came on and the bike died today. It started up and never reared it's ugly head again. The FPR was replaced 8K miles ago and the PO did the wire loom fix. Any suggestions?

It did this before but didn't die. Once I stopped for fuel many miles down the road it didn't come back on. I've searched but mostly found FPR and wire loom stuff. It's perplexing.

Thanks!

Intermittant Ground connection under tank or by battery box

Battery ground is clean and tight, the ground under the tank is as well. Dammit, I was hoping this was gonna be easy.

On the "other" forum they mention the ECU being loose. Anybody have that problem? Guess I'll remove the rear cowell again since I know the rubber strap is broken. I kept having to move it out of my way. The PO kept a small compressor back there which probably kept it from vibrating when he rode it. I removed the compressor and keep it in a tank bag so it is free to vibrate.

The things I learn here on the forum.

Clean, lube, and vigorously work the handlebar engine cut off switch. :icon_whistle: Might be a real simple to fix problem...

Intermittant Ground connection under tank or by battery box

Battery ground is clean and tight, the ground under the tank is as well. Dammit, I was hoping this was gonna be easy.

On the "other" forum they mention the ECU being loose. Anybody have that problem? Guess I'll remove the rear cowell again since I know the rubber strap is broken. I kept having to move it out of my way. The PO kept a small compressor back there which probably kept it from vibrating when he rode it. I removed the compressor and keep it in a tank bag so it is free to vibrate.

The things I learn here on the forum.

Update: FI light hasn't come on since I strapped the ECU down. Guess I'll buy a replacement strap and replace my bungee.

Just to be safe, check the connector between the regulator/rectifier and the stator. They are know to corrode. It is the white one under the black plastic bonnet.

Just to be safe, check the connector between the regulator/rectifier and the stator. They are know to corrode. It is the white one under the black plastic bonnet.

Thanks, it was the first thing I checked when I removed the rear cowel. The plug still had dielectric grease from the PO replacing the RR. No problems there.