CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS or Trade: 2006 FZ1

How much did the GIVI side bag mounts w/ PLX cases and soft case liners set you back?

I'm looking to add some storage to my '08 but don't have an arm and a leg to spare

so I'm looking at various options. Been playing around over on the FZ1OA site

but can't seem to find a straight answer as to what works, what's the easiest to install,

best to use and best prices... kind of a mess getting good answers. Your setup looks

like it might be just what I had in mind.

How much did the GIVI side bag mounts w/ PLX cases and soft case liners set you back?

I'm looking to add some storage to my '08 but don't have an arm and a leg to spare

but can't seem to find a straight answer as to what works, what's the easiest to install,

best to use and best prices... kind of a mess getting good answers. Your setup looks

I couldn't tell you what that set up cost, as it came with the bike. I did get a SW Motech top case rack, givi monokey plate, and a 45 liter top case to put on the bike. I didn't run the side cases that much, as the 45 liter top case was easier to use, held my laptop bag on the way to work, and my helmet and jacket while I was at work. I did run the givi side racks and SW Motech racks together for a recent trip. The left side mount needed a little persuasion to mount up with the top rack in place, but a few shims later and everything worked fine.

The top case and rack worked best for me. I didn't have the side racks on unless I was on a long ride. I bought all my Givi stuff through twistedthrottle.com as they seemed to be very competitive on price and shipping. And I had ordered through them before with no problems. I have the SW Motech top case rack to sell if you are interested in it.

Seen here:

Top Rack

I am keeping the case to put on my next bike.

I couldn't tell you what that set up cost, as it came with the bike. I did get a SW Motech top case rack, givi monokey plate, and a 45 liter top case to put on the bike. I didn't run the side cases that much, as the 45 liter top case was easier to use, held my laptop bag on the way to work, and my helmet and jacket while I was at work. I did run the givi side racks and SW Motech racks together for a recent trip. The left side mount needed a little persuasion to mount up with the top rack in place, but a few shims later and everything worked fine.

The top case and rack worked best for me. I didn't have the side racks on unless I was on a long ride. I bought all my Givi stuff through twistedthrottle.com as they seemed to be very competitive on price and shipping. And I had ordered through them before with no problems. I have the SW Motech top case rack to sell if you are interested in it.

Seen here:

Top Rack

Dammit!

I just sold my V45 case over the weekend!

But yes, I'm interested in the rack. I heard the install is

a bit of a bitch.

Seen here:

Top Rack

Dammit!

I just sold my V45 case over the weekend!

But yes, I'm interested in the rack. I heard the install is

a bit of a bitch.

Cool... you have a pm...

and the FZ1 has sold...