CBR1100XX.org Forum

2002 Bird: $4500

SOLD

Very nice, maintained 2002 Blackbird with some extras. I bought it from the original owner in 2008 when it had ~9800 miles; the current mileage is ~19,900. I have since had all the fluids changed and recently changed the oil/filter (Amsoil 10/40) and the Pilot Road tires, EBC brake pads, CCT, battery, chain, etc. are fine - the bike needs nothing and it runs perfectly. It has the following extras: clear turn signals lenses, clear tailight, Corbin seat w/Silver piping, tinted Givi windshield, D&D slip-ons, K&N air filter, peg lowering brackets, grip puppies, tank cushions for when you are leaning forward, and some custom "XX" decals. While the bike is very nice there are a few blemishes, which the previous owner said were from when it was shipped when he moved. For example, the paint on the lower right side has a few scuffs and has a few bubbles near the lower decals since he tried to repaint it himself. Also, there is a scuff on the rear of the tail section that was touched up. But the bike has never been down, nor was it when owned by the original owner. Also, I do not have the original parts (i.e., seat, pipes, etc.) that were swapped out, but I do have the owner's manual, both keys, and other documentation.

I have over $6500 invested in her so I think that $4500 is a fair price. I had hoped that my wife would once again take up riding but since she cannot decide I told her I would be offering it for sale; one Bird in the family is enough. I live in Palm Coast Florida (between Jacksonville & Daytona Beach) and she is garage kept and covered; I only ride to and from work and it is covered whenever it is not in motion. Thanks for reading and feel free to email me directly for more pictures if you are interested....Bob Z. (robert.ziolkowski@us.army.mil)

post-33934-1311356174.jpg

post-33934-1311356200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Very nice, maintained 2002 Blackbird with some extras. I bought it from the original owner in 2008 when it had ~9800 miles; the current mileage is ~19,900. I have since had all the fluids changed and recently changed the oil/filter (Amsoil 10/40) and the Pilot Road tires, EBC brake pads, CCT, battery, chain, etc. are fine - the bike needs nothing and it runs perfectly. It has the following extras: clear turn signals lenses, clear tailight, Corbin seat w/Silver piping, tinted Givi windshield, D&D slip-ons, K&N air filter, peg lowering brackets, grip puppies, tank cushions for when you are leaning forward, and some custom "XX" decals. While the bike is very nice there are a few blemishes, which the previous owner said were from when it was shipped when he moved. For example, the paint on the lower right side has a few scuffs and has a few bubbles near the lower decals since he tried to repaint it himself. Also, there is a scuff on the rear of the tail section that was touched up. But the bike has never been down, nor was it when owned by the original owner. Also, I do not have the original parts (i.e., seat, pipes, etc.) that were swapped out, but I do have the owner's manual, both keys, and other documentation.

I have over $6500 invested in her so I think that $4500 is a fair price. I had hoped that my wife would once again take up riding but since she cannot decide I told her I would be offering it for sale; one Bird in the family is enough. I live in Palm Coast Florida (between Jacksonville & Daytona Beach) and she is garage kept and covered; I only ride to and from work and it is covered whenever it is not in motion. Thanks for reading and feel free to email me directly for more pictures if you are interested....Bob Z. (robert.ziolkowski@us.army.mil)

I should be able to include a set of stock pipes and windshield to the buyer. Also, I will offer the buyer the opportunity to purchase a set of Givi luggage bags with the mounting brackets, etc.

Several people have been asking me about selling the Givi bags, which are Black by the way, but I want to offer them to whomever buys the bike first...if that person does not want them I will advertise them here.