CBR1100XX.org Forum

Undertail for CBR1100XX?

Sorceress

Heya,

I'm looking for an undertail kit for my 2002 CBR1100XX. Any ideas where I can get one? I've been using Google as my friend and have been coming up with a whole lot of nothing.

Need a tool kit too - my baby didn't come with one when I bought her. :icon_banghead:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks!

Sorceress

Aaaand, just because it's been that kind of a week, I find one online that I actually kind of like.

clicky

Anyone heard of these guys before? Bought one? Like it? Hate it?

Aaaand, just because it's been that kind of a week, I find one online that I actually kind of like.

clicky

Ebay, under cbr1100xx mototeck

I haven't heard much in the way of positive feedback about the lights in the Mototeck unit. Cheap and dim as I recall. The Pimpbikes undertray is much cheaper than the Pyramid (only a hundred bucks: pimpbikes website), and I think the lights are decent. Here's the same style on an F4i, the XX one is similar but has additional signal lights:

SAM_0161.jpg

I haven't heard much in the way of positive feedback about the lights in the Mototeck unit. Cheap and dim as I recall. The Pimpbikes undertray is much cheaper than the Pyramid (only a hundred bucks: pimpbikes website), and I think the lights are decent. Here's the same style on an F4i, the XX one is similar but has additional signal lights:

SAM_0161.jpg

I got these lights and fitted them to a PIMP bikes undertail. They are all in one running lights, brake and the center LED's turn amber when indicating. Are very bright am happy with them.

cheers

clicky

That looks like an undertray for a 97-98 xx the tail light is different.

I've got a pimpbike undertail for my '00. The signal lights are useless, the brake/running lights are OK. I ended up reusing my stock signals mounted to my wingrack, it looks a little weird, but now it matches the weird owner.

I ended up cutting about 3" off the end of it, as it was coming into contact with my hugger, unfortunately I didn't also notice that the hugger had hit the undertail on a big bump, but luckily (bad luck) the carbon fiber hugger broke instead of the $100 undertail :icon_think:

Plate mounting is also a problem, if you mount it behind the signals it will come into contact with the tire on large bumps, or maybe it's because I'm fat. I've seen a couple of guys mount the plate sideways on the swingarm, sort of like the way custom bikes do. The license plate brackets they ship with the undertail are just small L brackets. You will also have to figure out something to do with your seat locking mechanism, as it will be removed when you cut the stock undertail.

This is what I've ended up doing:

CBR%20may%2014%202011%20001.jpg

Here's a little video, you can barely tell that the LED signal is on compared to the stocker. Sorry for the crappy quality, the running lights look washed out.

Youtube XX pimpbike Undertail