CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bridgestone pressures?

XXSIVSPD

After 11 yrs of running Michelins on my XX, I'm trying a BT016 front & BT023 rear this year. Where have the Bridgestone faithful been setting pressures & what kind of life are you seeing?

FWIW, I used to vary pressure with Pilot Powers, Pilot Roads & Road2s to maximize life.

I'd set 38-40 front & 40-42 rear for slabbing, commuting, or slower paced rides. For mountain riding or good twisties, it was 34-36 front & 36-38 out back.

Playing that game I would usually get 3,500 - 4,500 miles per Pilot Power rear or 7k - 9k from Road or Road2 rears & almost 2 rears to each front.

I run BT016's on my XX and found that 40psi front and back work great for me.

With the rear being a triple compound I don't have any problems playing in the twisites as the edge of the tires are softer compound and offer lots of grip.

Last set I had on the XX I got 4500 miles out of them, they never skipped or missed a beat.

On my second set and love them. Heat up quick and hold like glue.

previous tires were M3's 3000 miles and done, shitty grip and kicked out not even pushing them. Avon AV45/46 combo 3500 miles.. last combo was an AV49 front with a AV46 rear and roasted the rear within 500 miles. turned a pretty blue/purple color no longer would heat up.

the BT016's were my first bridgestones to ever run on a motorcycle and I love them.

I run BT016's on my XX and found that 40psi front and back work great for me.

With the rear being a triple compound I don't have any problems playing in the twisites as the edge of the tires are softer compound and offer lots of grip.

Last set I had on the XX I got 4500 miles out of them, they never skipped or missed a beat.

On my second set and love them. Heat up quick and hold like glue.

previous tires were M3's 3000 miles and done, shitty grip and kicked out not even pushing them. Avon AV45/46 combo 3500 miles.. last combo was an AV49 front with a AV46 rear and roasted the rear within 500 miles. turned a pretty blue/purple color no longer would heat up.

the BT016's were my first bridgestones to ever run on a motorcycle and I love them.

I tried a BT016 on the back of my XX and disliked it bigtime. Granted it was winter, but the tire took forever to heat up and it was as slippery as baby snot until it was warm.