CBR1100XX.org Forum

fuel consumption

pai

hi birds,

jus went 4 a major servicing n noticed my mileage per tank had drop a drastic 50 km. wat happened? i changed oil, filter, clean my knn, changed coolant, plugs, replaced my tensioner n camchain n valve clearance. mine is injection model. thx.

pai

.....garages have been known to cheat on some things like that.

NO..... Really..... :lol:

actually it's really sad how many... shops and/or mechanics are like that.

I now of one motorcycle mechanic that was honest... he finally changeed my shimms on my 86 FJ after 70,000 miles. Before that he said it really wasn't neccesary, the shims and clearance were still within spec.

How many miles, Pai? I'm suspicious of anyone who says that the valves needed adjusting.......as so very, very few people have ever shown evidence of needing them adjusted. It has happened that a shop has charged for that part of a service....but it so seldom needs doing that I might doubt the truth of that......garages have been known to cheat on some things like that.

35000km. so i suppose there is no way i can know whether i hav been cheated?

You can either take it out, re-clean it, and lightly oil it, or just let it be, and it may clear itself up (although your engine will end up ingesting the excess oil).

Several full-throttle runs will clear the matter up quicker..............at least that's my motto. :twisted:

You're basically choking the engine to a point with the over-oiling. The excess oil restricts air flow, and the engine is sucking in some oil at the same time.

The oil won't hurt anything, but it may make a mess of your airbox, and could affect driveability.

If you're really concerned, pull the tank off, and check out the filter, yourself, to be sure.