CBR1100XX.org Forum

RAM mount question

ndivita

Guys, I am trying to determine what RAM mount set up to use to hold my GPS and iPod. I am a bit flummoxed by the stem mounting possibilities, and so am wondering if you think this would fit on either side of the bars. I have long enough RAM arms to make it work if it did fit in the clutch or brake reservoir bolts.

Post edit: Has anyone bought a Blackbird stem mount for a RAM ball from this site, and if so, what was your experience?

The link you showed seems to be a U-bolt mount. I used the clutch clamp mount.

I think this was the one I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Mounts-Brake-Clutch-...1586&sr=8-5

See mine here:

111313611.jpg

Guys, I am trying to determine what RAM mount set up to use to hold my GPS and iPod. I am a bit flummoxed by the stem mounting possibilities, and so am wondering if you think this would fit on either side of the bars. I have long enough RAM arms to make it work if it did fit in the clutch or brake reservoir bolts.

Bingo. Thank you!

Richard Cranium has a pretty good How To thread on his steering stem mount RAM mount. A search should find it. IT was pretty simple, cost effective and functional. I've had mine for about a year now and no issues at all.

The link you showed seems to be a U-bolt mount. I used the clutch clamp mount.

I think this was the one I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Mounts-Brake-Clutch-...1586&sr=8-5

See mine here:

111313611.jpg

just ordered the setup thanks!!