CBR1100XX.org Forum

Carbon, Carbon

Just heard from the workshop that the full set of genuine carbon cockpit stuff for the Blackbird will be with me next week. Pics hopefully by end of week. :icon_surprised:

There has been a short delay due to having to make special thicker sheet to machine some parts from and to get the weave the same across the whole range.

Parts (with prices) that will be available will be:

Dash surround (Pre 2001 only): £34.95 Free UK shipping

Carbon Yoke Cover (All Years): £16.95 Free UK Shipping

Carbon Reservoir Covers (All Years): £16.00 each, £28 Pair Free UK Shipping

US Prices:

Dash surround (Pre 2001 only): $ 48.95

Carbon Yoke Cover (All Years): $ 24.95

Carbon Reservoir Covers (All Years): $ 24.95 each, $ 47.95 Pair

Shipping $15.99 Per Order (Up to 5 items)

Cheers :icon_biggrin:

Black7

Will be looking forward to pics.

Any chance they could do the two covers for the ram air tubes/fairing trim? You know, the pcs that run down the sides from the dash.

Will be looking forward to pics.

Any chance they could do the two covers for the ram air tubes/fairing trim? You know, the pcs that run down the sides from the dash.

Yeah XXTC, I already thought of that. Unfortunately the shape is very complex and the time taken would push each piece up into the hundreds of dollars.... :icon_confused:

There is a guy in Hong Kong that makes the piece your refer to, but that too is expensive....

I haven't given up on the idea, but need to find a partner company willing to share the development costs...#

Dave.

PS. I am planning a few more bits including heel guards.... :icon_biggrin:

Any possibility of you producing and marketing a hugger of your own, improved over the ones currently available?

A hugger that's improved: reinforced at the section where the chain guard meets the rounded fender portion, that being the weak point where they all end up cracking? A hugger that extends further and lower at the back end where it covers the chain, so that it actually covers the chain and is more functional, rather than pure bling?

Any chance at all? :icon_biggrin:

'fraid not. :icon_frown: I'm only an ordinary Blackbird Owner (if there is such a thing) :icon_twisted: ... just trying to do what little I can to improve the range.

The company I use to make the parts is unwilling to invest a lot of time and money in making complex moulded bits - they prefer to cut out from sheet carbon, or sculpt out from very thick sheet (meaning parts with some curve can be accommodated, but not if the curve is in more than one plane at once). The set up cost is relatively high, so it needs a good sales system to sell enough units to recover the costs.

I do understand what you are saying though - there is a demand for good quality, well engineered carbon bits.. a lot of fake carbon stuff is rubbish to look at (but cheap to make)... :icon_rolleyes:

Sorry I can't help. :icon_redface:

However I should be able to post pics within a few days now of the initial range I've got:

1. Clock Surround

2. Reservoir Covers (replace existing lid unit completely - machined to fit perfectly) about 6mm thick

3. Yoke Cover

The weave is very good, and I hope to be able to expand this to include heel guards soon. :icon_biggrin:

Cheers

Dave