CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who makes the best seat?

Chewtoy

OK,

Since I started riding my bike more and more, I notice that my backside is complaining. Like, a lot.

So I guess I'm in the market for a seat. Suggestions on where to go for a butt snuggling saddle?

Hi Sarah. Something hard? Soft? There are a few choices out there...any Birds near you with aftermarket seats that you could sit on and try?

There is a reason that seats turn up for sale every so often - what fits once person may not fit the next!

Buddy put a Corbin on his XX, he loved it. Think it was the corbin gunfighter.

I tried it out to see how it felt.

I found it to be to flat, wide and like sitting on a plank of hickory. it did lower the seat height by about an inch, but being wider than the stock seat made my reach to the ground even less. (vertically challanged enough as it is) Also made it annoying to slide around on the seat to hang a butt cheek off. Was nice though with the lower height to make resting my helmet on the tank at full tuck going 170 easier :icon_whistle:

I altered my seat myself and shaped it to fit my butt and riding style. Takes alittle bit of time to do but feels great.

Seen a few around here use them riding beads on their seats.

I bought a Corbin for mine. It put me much farther away from the gas tank and made seated position better. This will change the way you are in relation to the handlebars and I was considering the new risers, but that is no longer an issue. It also has rigid sides which kinda made it odd for putting my legs down at a stop light. It didn't bother me, it just felt a little odd. The seat is well designed and even without the backrest, the pillion had a much better grip in the seat when throttle was applied.

I could let it go for a real good price since the bird is crashed (seat was untouched, less than 500 miles on the seat). PM me and we can talk price but it will be a sweeeet deal :icon_biggrin:

Getting back to the topic at hand, the standard seat is still pretty good. I rode a friends BMW 800 dual sport and that thing has the most uncomfortable seat I have ever experienced - 30km had me standing on the pegs at freeway speeds because my ass was so sore. Like sitting on barbed wire wrapped around a dildo.

Right now, I'm going to have to go with Ines Sainz.

I sure hope that's a "day long saddle"...... :icon_evilgrin:

On topic: Bead seat. Really.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=67593