CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB stock seat for 2000XX

Picked up a 2000 XX recently and it could definitely use a new seat. Trying to keep the bike stock. Seat on the bike now has worn through at both corners of the front of the seat. Not sure recovering it will look right. If anyone has one they took off fairly early on let me know as I'm interested in purchasing one. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. Hoping to find one closer to home(NW Indiana) so I can see it before purchasing or at the very least, will need pics to see its condition. Seems like the spots where mine wore thru is a common issue with the stock seats. If I can't find a very clean stocker I will have mine custom rebuilt by New Image but really trying to leave the bike stock for the most part. My wife laughs at me every time I say that and the kids have a betting pool as to how long until I replace the stock pipes. No faith whatsoever. We'll see.

Thanks for the heads up. Hoping to find one closer to home(NW Indiana) so I can see it before purchasing or at the very least, will need pics to see its condition. Seems like the spots where mine wore thru is a common issue with the stock seats. If I can't find a very clean stocker I will have mine custom rebuilt by New Image but really trying to leave the bike stock for the most part. My wife laughs at me every time I say that and the kids have a betting pool as to how long until I replace the stock pipes. No faith whatsoever. We'll see.

I've actually never seen a stock seat on one of these worn out... Mine's got 80k on it, and it's fine...

Where is yours worn through?

Mike

As Mike said I have one for sale

There were no Pics because there were no defects to point out and everyone here knows what a stock seat looks like

I will post a pic tonight if you are interested ... I can't do anything about being local to you though ...LOL :icon_whistle:

The seat has worn thru at the front 2 bottom corners where the seat meets the frame.

I've actually never seen a stock seat on one of these worn out... Mine's got 80k on it, and it's fine...

Where is yours worn through?

Mike

The house next door is for sale. LOL

I'll send you a pm concerning the seat.

As Mike said I have one for sale

There were no Pics because there were no defects to point out and everyone here knows what a stock seat looks like

I will post a pic tonight if you are interested ... I can't do anything about being local to you though ...LOL :icon_whistle: