CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chatterbox intercom systems

I have one full setup the GMRS X1 with open face mic. so you can use it with any helmet. comes with everything including stickers..I never used it..been just siting in the garage...next to the FRS X2 this has no mic but comes with everything else. mic cost about 60 shipped new..

I have turned this on in the house and tried them but never used them riding...

I will sell the whole unit for GMRS X1 with 5 mile range for $120 shipped

and FRS X2 with out mic for $60 shipped

both for $130 shipped if using paypal send as gift or add 3% or postal money order. here is some info..thanks John

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8238/flat011.jpg

The GMRS X1 Features: a large illuminated LCD display with 15 channels and 38talk groups. The unit is VOX/voice activated or PTT/push to talk with a full duplex intercom. The GMRS-X1 also features a cellular phone input and an audio input with full stereo sound. The GMRS-X1 is powered by our powerful built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery allowing up to 5 miles range, all this in a tough water resistant casing. This is our top of the line model and is the identical in features as the X2 but with 5 mile GMRS capability

PM sent

Kinda surprised this uses NiMH. Isn't lithium ion the norm anymore on anything tech? Anybody know what kinda talk time/sleep time you get out of these, real world.... Not what the ad info claims

I'm a virgin to these & bustin' my cherry

So this is the whole unit.... Everything I need right outta the box, plug 'n play? Nothing extra to buy? This doesn't look like the bluetooth version from your pic, is that correct? How old is it then?

Thanx

One other thing I wanted to confirm.... How many other riders are you able to talk to on this one? I know the new XBi allows 3 people to talk, but curious what this one says, as I'm assuming it's an older X1 since it doesn't have the bluetooth capability

And maybe a dumb question, but the x1 & x2 can talk to each other, correct? Thanx again