CBR1100XX.org Forum

WANTED: low mileage rear shock

Anybody got a low mileage (< 20k miles?) rear shock that you want to give away? My 97XX has 56k miles and I think the rear shock is worn. I can't afford an Ohlins or Penske now so if you have a low mileage rear shock that I can use, it'll be great.

Thanks.

-mike-

PS: I think all shocks fits all years?

PS2: can the OEM rear shock be rebuilt for cheap?

The stocker can be rebuilt inexpensively. Sasquatch did one for me earlier this year for $125 + parts. I had 46k on mine at the time & the difference was pretty substantial.

If you don't find a low mileage sample for the right price & want to rebuild, shoot me a PM. I was lucky enough to get a donor shock for my rebuild for free & assuming Rich hasn't given it to someone else yet, I'd be happy to pass mine along.

I have one with 4000 miles if anybody is interested. I'm not sure what it's worth.....anybody?? I want to be fair.

I have one with 4000 miles if anybody is interested. I'm not sure what it's worth.....anybody?? I want to be fair.

They make good paperweights !

As you can see from the above posts, typically shocks are given away for the cost of shipping.

If it is of value to you then you better hang on to it. It is just unfortunate that Honda used the particular shock they did on all OEM Blackbirds.

Thank you all, I'm waiting for a 3000-mile shock coming my way for $50 from a member here. He already shipped it and only asked me to send him a check after I receive it. I'm so proud to be on this board and among all of you XX riders.

Thanks, Howard.

-mike-