CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB - good sport touring type pants/overpants

I've been looking for some decent pants that are comfy and not the kind that tuck in to your boots. Prefer mesh but will consider anything. It gets hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock here during the summer so I don't want something thats going to make me stroke out during the summer.

For reference I've been looking at a few like Tourmaster Venture Air and Olympia Recon 2 and a few others.

Anyone have anything cluttering up their closet they want to unload?

RC, I don't mean this as a hijack, and I don't have any overpants for sale, but I did just pick up a pair of these LINKY and I have a pair of these 2nd LINKY brand new/never worn in size 36, that are too big for me. I really like the quality of the Cost is Clear pants. I like the high back and adjustable knee inserts. I haven't had a chance to ride in them yet, but they feel very well constructed and with the zip out section, air flow should be outstanding. A couple of things to point out on them is they do not come with a zipper for a jacket and the large was too big for my 33-34 inch waist. I'm going to take mine to the tailor and have the jacket zipper installed. As far as the Chicane Pants, if you are interested, PM me and I'll send you pics. FYI...I received these as a gift a little over a year ago and they have just been sitting in a box.

-Steve

RC, I don't mean this as a hijack, and I don't have any overpants for sale, but I did just pick up a pair of these LINKY and I have a pair of these 2nd LINKY brand new/never worn in size 36, that are too big for me. I really like the quality of the Cost is Clear pants. I like the high back and adjustable knee inserts. I haven't had a chance to ride in them yet, but they feel very well constructed and with the zip out section, air flow should be outstanding. A couple of things to point out on them is they do not come with a zipper for a jacket and the large was too big for my 33-34 inch waist. I'm going to take mine to the tailor and have the jacket zipper installed. As far as the Chicane Pants, if you are interested, PM me and I'll send you pics. FYI...I received these as a gift a little over a year ago and they have just been sitting in a box.

-Steve

Thanks Steve. Not interested in the Chicanes. I actually crashed in a pair of Teknic Prowlers. They held up ok but some of the seams in the Teknic jacket burst. At any rate I'm looking for mesh/tex with a non-tuck leg. I would be interested to hear what you think of the CIC pants after you wear them during some of the warmer months. They look like they will be a bit warm.

Edit: Just took another look. Those look like they have zip off panels like the JR Alter Ego. Pretty neat. My only issue with those is that with the panel zipped off you basically have really thin mesh across your ass.

I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 Mesh pants for when I go riding in Arkansas.... :icon_whistle:

Bought them from new enough, and just checked the price again... 116

The most important selling point to me was... they zip to my jacket.

Nice pants, I like the pockets, and they fit good.

Beyond that well, I always wear jeans under them, so as far as protection, well, we could argue about it until the cows come home, but I figure it'll help more than wearing just Jeans.

Hi I have a pair of the phoenix mesh pants used once.

I think they are l or xl i have to check, I will sell them to you at 36.00 plus transport.

the waist is snug (I wear a size 36 jeans)

I have the old pair (previous model ) in l or xl and they are great, I crashed in them and no problem.

(low speed )

otherwise I have a pair of fieldsheer in size 36 (fit like a 38) in peforated leather they are brand new.

outside the boots.

Hi I have a pair of the phoenix mesh pants used once.

I think they are l or xl i have to check, I will sell them to you at 36.00 plus transport.

the waist is snug (I wear a size 36 jeans)

I have the old pair (previous model ) in l or xl and they are great, I crashed in them and no problem.

(low speed )

otherwise I have a pair of fieldsheer in size 36 (fit like a 38) in peforated leather they are brand new.

outside the boots.

They might be a bit snug on me too. I wear 34/36 depending on the brand. For that price I'll give em a shot though. Just to be sure I'm not misreading...the pair for sale is not the pair you crash tested right? :icon_biggrin:

Also interested in the fieldsheers but leather tends to be really heavy. A price and some pics or a model so I can see what they look like would be cool.

You can email me the where/how you want funds sent.

richardcranium @ blackbirdpilot.com (obviously remove the spaces)