CBR1100XX.org Forum

Doing the Brakes, quick question?

matthend

I am going to do the brakes when i put my new tires on (if the front ever arrives!!) I read somewhere on here to buy two and use one of the old front sets on the back. Is that actually kosher? I am kind of on a budget and every last nickel helps...

Thanks!

not cool Matt

I have several sets of brake pads sitting here and can help if you want to ride out sometime.

Josh, thanks for the advice and I will not be switching my old pads for sure. Your offer is very generous and I would love to ride out and check out the stable you have also. I will have to wait till i get my front tire and get them installed though, I wouldnt trust my old ones to ride on. If you dont mind, I may give you a yell once i get them on and ride out your way. Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to do the brakes when i put my new tires on (if the front ever arrives!!) I read somewhere on here to buy two and use one of the old front sets on the back. Is that actually kosher? I am kind of on a budget and every last nickel helps...

Thanks!

I do that all the time, so far have replaced the fronts twice with EBC HH and used the worn ones (~2/3-3/4 gone) in the rear brakes as the rears wear a lot slower than the front :icon_think:

Works OK for my 98 and my 300lb's anyway :icon_wink: