CBR1100XX.org Forum

carb question

XXNUTZ

I know I know, it's been asked many times but seems easier to ask again rather than sorting through the endless posts...I'm having my carbs cleaned and jetted and is wondering what most carbie riders that have done this have found to be the best setup for power and performance...this is going from stock, running a stock air filter with Two Bros slip ons...any info is appreciated...thanks and cheers.

I know I know, it's been asked many times but seems easier to ask again rather than sorting through the endless posts...I'm having my carbs cleaned and jetted and is wondering what most carbie riders that have done this have found to be the best setup for power and performance...this is going from stock, running a stock air filter with Two Bros slip ons...any info is appreciated...thanks and cheers.

My '97 has K&N filter and slipons on stock headers. No jetting changes. I found the 5500RPM flat spot vanished almost completely without any further fiddling - pulls like a train. No visible change in fuel consumption, no faster on top end, just SOUNDS fast :icon_twisted:

I have considered a jet change, but the returmn in power versus the inevitable cost increase in terms of fuel consumption makes no real sense to me. I dropped 1 tooth up front and popped on a speedohealer though - that does have a real impact in your riding experience and fuel consumption is not noticeably affected in my daily drive. I use my bike as a commute vehicle, and still get 320km to 350k on a tank (20 liters on average per refill) with the setup as described above.

Similar setup here....Full Muzzy system (quiet insert), K&N, speedo healer and also dropped a tooth on C/S....very quick and no jet change req'd. I can short shift (usually in traffic) and the lower gearing knocked about 10% off my mileage. Nice bike...

I have a K&N drop-in filter and Yoshi RS3 slip-ons... Mine didn't run right with stock jetting and that setup (well, some wouldn't notice it, but I noticed the lean condition in spots, and it irritated me... but then, I'm an engine guy)... I went with the Factor Pro jet kit, and went per their specification for slip-ons and factory air box... Runs as well as a carb'd bike can/does, and I get ~48-50mpg on highway trips (75-80mph), and 42mpg commuting (1/3 country roads, 1/3 city interstate, 1/3 rural interstate)

Mike

Well, after some reading and looking at Dynojet suggestions for what I have...we went ahead and put in 145's in 1 and 4 and 148's in 2 and 3, shimmed the needles .0005 and set the pilot's at 3 turns...fired her up and she is definately more responsive and has a deeper tone too...need to get her out and see what she does...