CBR1100XX.org Forum

Time for a chain and sprokets...where to get them

cecome

Just starting to shop.... my chain has a few sticky links that I can't loosen and it is stretched unevenly. I have heard that it is best to replace all items when going through the process..as always any input is appreciated.

Last chain I bought was from http://www.whitebuffaloracing.com/

Just checked the price and see it's been awhile since I bought one-----Yowww.

Free shipping but high Ca sales tax---

Happy trails, kel

Last chain I bought was from http://www.whitebuffaloracing.com/

Just checked the price and see it's been awhile since I bought one-----Yowww.

Free shipping but high Ca sales tax---

Happy trails, kel

Thanks man...haven't seen you on the board much lately hope you are doing well...had a great ride on Sunday 23 to 118 to Ventura hills to 33 to 150 to 192 to 154 to Chumash and then back...maybe see you on the road some time. thanks for the feedback!!

I got an AFAM sprocket set and DiD chain from a local buddy who is running his own shop. Went with a +2 tooth rear to get a little more torque than stock and only AFAM let me do that instead of going small in the front. I didn't want that drastic a change yet but I did want to more easily get the front tire airborne.

I did a google shopping search and I saved 10 bucks over what they listed for using the string "afam cbr 1100 xx". As a plus, I'm helping out a local good guy keep his door open.

He is going to rivet it together after I put all them on for $10, so I didn't bother getting a rivet tool.

I got 26K out of my DiD, but I think I'm pushing my luck.

Went with a +2 tooth rear to get a little more torque than stock and only AFAM let me do that instead of going small in the front.

I went with the Stealth for the reason I wanted a larger rear, had AFAM before but couldn't find larger than 45T :icon_confused:

My favourite is THESE GUYS but they are a little pricey & call first for availability ...last i heard they only had 44T rear in stock

+1 I got my Stealth 46 tooth sprocket & DID Gold 530ZVM2 chain a bit over a year ago for a good price shipped to oz :icon_biggrin: