CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB Stock rear shock

Finally getting around to rebuilding & re-springing the rear shock on my XX & I'm looking for a stocker to send in so the bike only has to be apart once.

Thought I'd see if anyone here has one laying around before buying one on e-bay.

Mileage doesn't matter much, and I think any year will fit.

Pretty sure I have one here. I was going to give it to Jeff but it looks like he's moved on.

I'll confirm a.s.a.p. If you're in a hurry, let me know as I'm leaving for Jennings in about 4 hours, won't be back until late Sunday.

Pretty sure I have one here. I was going to give it to Jeff but it looks like he's moved on.

I'll confirm a.s.a.p. If you're in a hurry, let me know as I'm leaving for Jennings in about 4 hours, won't be back until late Sunday.

Time is not critical. Have fun in FL & we'll catch up next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaws also can get the stock XX shock rebuilt and upgraded to oil over oil (which I believe is better :icon_think: ), might be a bit expensive with shipping though :icon_rolleyes:

I have one from a '95 900RR that is full adjustable. I bought it years ago for the bird so I could futz with suspension settings. I had to re-spring it for the weight and basically set it and forgot it. Now my much lighter-than-me wife is riding it so I took that one off and put the stocker back on.....she never noticed a difference. Now I have taken that heavier spring off of it to put on my new bike so the shock is just sitting on the shelf. I paid $50 for it then....make me an offer if you are interested. My as well rebuild and upgrade at the same time, right? I can't get onto this (or pretty much anything else that may be entertaining) website at work so you can contact me at urloozn@hotmail.com.

Thanks and good luck!