CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS Marsee "Mr. Pockets" 20L expandable tank bag

For those not familiar with the Marsee brand, google it. Quality stuff and built to last. If nothing else look at the zippers in the pics, you'll see they're heavy and made for the long haul. You'll find the rest of the bag shows similar heavy constuction. This one is about 7-8 years old, but only used one season. Been sitting in my closet forever, time to liquidate.

The product-

121598885.jpg

The front "pocket" is removable via two snaps and comes equipped with handy belt clips. Great for taking smaller valuables with you if you leave the bag on the bike.

121598875.jpg

Expanded-

121598879.jpg

More pics here.

I can also dig up some old pics of it mounted on my XX if any feels they need them.

NOT magnetic. Bag is held in place by straps front and back (I've never trusted magnets for larger bags).

Cost $160 way back when, asking $60+ actual shipping now.

One note- I lost the front strap, a new one is en route from Marsee, but shipping will be delayed until it arrives if anyone grabs this in the next day or two.

You know it won't, or you wanna try it out?

I can ship, you like, you pay. Doesn't work, send it back.

Excellent offer (Thanks!) but I know it will look funky on the Strom. The only bags of any size that don't look like ass on a Strom IMO is Wolfman Rainier or Expedition. It'll mount up fine and stay secure but it'll drive me nuts to have to look at it. I know, the Strom isn't a nice bike to look at but having a tank bag look like it's sliding off the rear of the tank would make me want to crash it.

.....having a tank bag look like it's sliding off the rear of the tank would make me want to crash it.

Maybe I should just donate it to you. :icon_whistle::icon_wink:

What kind of sick fuck takes pleasure in someones else's crash? :icon_comeheresign:

Not just any "someone". :icon_wink:

You seem to weather crashing well, I was just hoping for some embarrassment without injury.

Now, buy my tank bag, dammit. Vanity on a V-Strom, pu-leeeze....

Oh, and bump for offers before I go ebay with this thing. New strap is here, it's ready for duty.

Agreed, embarrassment under the right circumstances is a good thing and vanity on a V-Strom is for the delusional. I try to avoid both, fucker.

If you put that thing on ADV Rider I bet you could avoid E-Bay.

If I thought I was going to get my 929 street legal anytime soon I'd buy it for that but you're a dick.

:icon_lmao:

I crack myself up.

If I thought I was going to get my 929 street legal anytime soon I'd buy it for that but you're a dick.

:icon_lmao:

I crack myself up.

At least someone is laughing.

I put it up on ADVrider, thanks for the tip. Forgot I even had a log on over there, Redbird was taken. :icon_confused:

It's on ebay now. You want it?

I was just wondering if the ADV Rider thing worked out for you. Obviously not.

I'm holding out for a Wolfman bag. I've got 3 or 4 other tanks bags hanging in my garage that don't work for shit on the Strom so why the hell would I buy yours? :icon_smilefingers:

It'll sell. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

It's on ebay now. You want it?

I was just wondering if the ADV Rider thing worked out for you. Obviously not.

I'm holding out for a Wolfman bag. I've got 3 or 4 other tanks bags hanging in my garage that don't work for shit on the Strom so why the hell would I buy yours? :icon_smilefingers:

Because I'm cute as a button and give a mean reacharound?

It'll sell. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

It's been up for a day on ebay for a day and already has six people watching it, so yeah, it'll go. Just needed a wider audience, I guess. Marsee isn't a well known brand and seems overpriced, but if you know, you know, if you know what I mean. :icon_razz: