CBR1100XX.org Forum

99 bird engine

This is the engine out of my 99 1100xx. Its got just shy of 30k miles on it. The engine was pulled out of the bike to replace some gears in the trans, the gears were replaced and the engine reassembled but never installed back in the bike. Bike was sold to a board member as a rolling chassis. Its also got new plugs, welded shut pair covers and some misc gaskets. I'll try to post up some pics later if I can find them.

If someones interested in a complete engine I'd like to get $500 + shipping. I will provide a shipping crate and a pickup point at a business with forklift.

When I call this a complete engine I mean its all together and all covers are installed. It does not come with any wiring, injectors, air box or any of the external stuff.

If no one wants a complete I'll part it out and will hopefully start that in a week or so.

Darryl.

YES This motor is complete as stated and ready to install and ride, i've seen it,pull your bad one or get this as i build motor. very good price.

• 2 months later...
bump, has anyone blown or wore out their current engine ? I think not ?

Are you a noob? Don't piss on threads in the For Sale section! This area is for SALE items, not irrelevant commentary!

If someone has blown up their engine and buys Darrel's, I might be interested in buying their ruined engine to help offset the cost. I need everything from the crank backwards so running condition is not an issue. I don't even need the head or carbs!

• 1 year later...