CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cortech Super 10 or 14. Any experience with either?

LogoMan

I'm looking at getting a tank bag and like the looks of the Super 10 or 14. Anyone have any pictures of one of these bags on their 'Bird or any other feedback?

Thanks, Stan. I was leaning towards the 14 with the magnetic base. I think the 10 is a wee bit small. I want the tankbag to replace my Cortech tailbag which is a fairly good size.

Thanks, Stan. I was leaning towards the 14 with the magnetic base. I think the 10 is a wee bit small. I want the tankbag to replace my Cortech tailbag which is a fairly good size.

I have the super 14 I think, and love it. Have even used it as a tail pack. Expands, to huge. A little much sometimes, leaning over and seeing my gauges that are in the opening for the forks that I closed off. But, will do everything I wanted. I should have a bunch of pictures, I will pick one.

Thanks, Stan. I'm beginning to like the looks of my tailbag more and more. Nothing wrong with it...was just wondering what a tank bag would be like instead. The Super 14 looks kinda big. The Super 10 would probably fill my needs well enough.

Randy,

I picked up Stan's 10 prior to Christmas... it's perfect for my application. I used to use the Cortech Mini or Super Mini for my around town errands/commute and an "electrified" Marsee 19 for the long hauls.

Although the Mini was super for locking in my Givi's, it became real cramped for space once I threw a toll clicker, an mp3 player, and a glasses holder in there. The 10 really fits the bill with all that now, with room to spare, and it seems to fit nicely into my Givi's as well.

The Marsee 19 is just too big and involved for the around town gig, in and out of Givi's, etc, IMO. I'm also not a real fan of the Marsee zipper action and map pocket, but I've had it a long time and it works well all things considered.

I'm actually thinking the 10 will work nicely for longer hauls now... we'll see this year...

One other thing, the Cortech zipper pulls will eventually break, but it's easy enough to trim the excess rubber material away from the zipper and add your own pull in place, a little zipper lube on the threads and it works like a charm!

Thanks for the info, Rob! I just thought a tank bag would be nice for my little day trips and I can always strap on the tailbag for extended runs. Right now, all I stash is a couple bottles of water, a can of Honda polish, microfiber clothes, wallet, camera and some snacks. I'll be adding a flat tire kit and pump. That should all fit in a Super 10, correct?

Thanks for the info, Rob! I just thought a tank bag would be nice for my little day trips and I can always strap on the tailbag for extended runs. Right now, all I stash is a couple bottles of water, a can of Honda polish, microfiber clothes, wallet, camera and some snacks. I'll be adding a flat tire kit and pump. That should all fit in a Super 10, correct?

If you go with smaller sized polish and water bottles, you should be ok, but I'd guesstimate that it would be a squeeze. I just tried the larger sized Plexus in mine and it takes up almost half of one side, which doesn't leave a lot of room for the other things you listed, especially if you added two bottles of water in there.

I tuck my tire plug kit and compressor in the space underneath the rear cowl, right behind the seat... not had a problem with that setup for a long while now, so that would save you some room.

Give me a few this am, I'll take a shot at it and post some pics...

Edited 12/4...

Here you go, best I could do at the moment, at least will give you some idea...

Tire Plug Kit and Compressor in rear cowl,

th_P3270020.jpg

Tank Bag with some stuff, looks like you'd have room for some other "stuff" as well...

th_P3270024.jpg

th_P3270027.jpg

Hopefully it will last this time...

Thanks for the pix. From the looks of that, I'm beginning to think the 14 is the way to go. I'd like to stuff more in there for sure.

The 14 can be huge,, I have two screens, in covers, bullet camera, and related wiring, cigeratee plug in, sunglasses, map, tools, lenses cleaner, all hidden, hd camera, then the stuff for the trip that I need, now..Never have un ziped the expansion. I have to go through it every once in a while to find stuff, that I have forgotten, well lost.

I checked and my Cortech tail bag is 16L. I don't think a 10 will do the job. It's gonna have to be the 14.

Do you guys feel the tank bag gets in the way in turns, etc.?

I checked and my Cortech tail bag is 16L. I don't think a 10 will do the job. It's gonna have to be the 14.

Do you guys feel the tank bag gets in the way in turns, etc.?

not for me and that is on both.