CBR1100XX.org Forum

F1 Issues

JohanC

Guys,

Hello from a lovely summer Spouth Africa, perfect biking weather. However, since yesterday i did experience strange issues with my 2002 Bird. All of a sudden the F1 Light came on whilst riding and dissapeared within 3 seconds not to come on again. This happened at speed and honestly i felt no change whatsoever in the bike's performance.

This morning, it started fine as always but about 5 minutes into the ride, the light came on again and stayed on. The next moment it cut out and died at a stop street. Switched it off, in neutral, sidestand out and it started up immediately. Not wanting to take any change i rode it home and the F1 came on again. Had to keep the revs up for it not to stall. Left it at home and took the car to work.

Any ideas as to what could be the cause. I will try to check for any fault codes tonight, although i think there are none since the light did not blink at any stage. Will reset the ecu as per manual and see what happens. Perhaps a ground issue?

Please advise,

Johan

Guys,

Hello from a lovely summer Spouth Africa, perfect biking weather. However, since yesterday i did experience strange issues with my 2002 Bird. All of a sudden the F1 Light came on whilst riding and dissapeared within 3 seconds not to come on again. This happened at speed and honestly i felt no change whatsoever in the bike's performance.

This morning, it started fine as always but about 5 minutes into the ride, the light came on again and stayed on. The next moment it cut out and died at a stop street. Switched it off, in neutral, sidestand out and it started up immediately. Not wanting to take any change i rode it home and the F1 came on again. Had to keep the revs up for it not to stall. Left it at home and took the car to work.

Any ideas as to what could be the cause. I will try to check for any fault codes tonight, although i think there are none since the light did not blink at any stage. Will reset the ecu as per manual and see what happens. Perhaps a ground issue?

Please advise,

Johan

Sounds like the test plug in the wire harness problem. This is well documented on various Blackbird sites, just do a search.

Mr. Mike.

US 02's don't have the test plugs. Doubt that yours does. Clean and seal the ground. But, check codes first.

Did open her up yesterday and did find alot of corrosion in the "test plug" which my 2002 has. Cleaned it out, cleaned the ground cable fitting and frame, and wala, all is working well again.

Thanks guys,