CBR1100XX.org Forum

New BB owner, please help!!

honda1

That's a good friend of mines company and unfortunately, he's no longer producing turbo kits. He sold hundreds of those kits around 1997-98 and got a lot of cover shots and articles written about him and his kits. Any of you guys remember the XXX decals on the BB's? They were included with the kit. The kit cost $4995.00 and took a day to install, a little longer if you added the second headgasket. Mark (Moisan) went on to win the AMI dyno shootout during Bikeweek 8 times, with an old A-O cooled Suzuki GSXR. He was also a very accomplished drag racer, beating Ricky Gadson on the Muzzy tuned, factory backed Kawasaki in the Superbike class. His 750cc GSXR ran 7.8 sec at 180 MPH. The class evolved the very next year to SBS and Mark stopped racing. Today, he's working on Jap cars in Fla. He built 2 BB kits that were completely different. 1 went to Colorado and the other one is in NJ, on my BB...255HP and 155 lbs TQ...:icon_biggrin:

Aerocharger's reply to my inquiry ....

Christian,

Thanks for your interest in the Aerocharger Turbo. We do not

manufacture a kit for any of the blackbird bikes. If you would like to

build the kit yourself or have a performance shop build the kit you

would need a 53 series with 143/300 trim. This turbo would cost $2050.

If you have questions let me know.

Thanks,

--

Andrew Dey

Design Engineer

HiPerformance, LLC