CBR1100XX.org Forum

Information on Cowls?

Hey all, I am looking to pick your brains.

I dont have anyone who likes to ride on the back, it seems I make the bike bounce too much.... :icon_twisted:

So I am considering getting a cowl for the back. Having never had one, I am looking for a little input on what they are like and which ones I should stay away from.

Thanks for the info..

P;

Anyone have a pic of the Metisse on a Bird. Ive never seen one of them and would like to get one for at the dragstrip

Here's a few with the Metisse cowl. However, if you're looking for something to keep you from sliding back in the seat at the dragstrip, the Metisse is not the answer since it only fastens by plastic clips and can actually pop off the seat if slid rearward since the seat tapers. I cut out the passenger area of my seat to create a poor man's smuggler and it has plenty of room to hold my extra helmet shield and more. In the pic of this you can see the plastic clips that hold the cowl to the seat edge.

ba831091.jpg

2cb6d1b0.jpg

d809d45d.jpg

f1f9d59e.jpg

If you're looking for something that will hold you into the seat, I've got a fiberglass one-piece cowl that will do the trick nicely that I'd be willing to part with. It's not in perfect condition, but it isn't too bad. PM if you're interested and I can get you more pics.

Cowl1-1.jpg

I just bought this one...

ps this is not my bike...

Waiting to get my black one painted silver..

Good fit,, but if you are a BIG waisted person take note, my tail hits the cowl right where the cushion is, so if you are large/ plan to remove the triangle seat bit.. or squeeze into your bike..

post-1373-1257278575.jpg