CBR1100XX.org Forum

HELP: I need PCV thread pitch for project

dehning

I am attempting to have a complete set of brake/clutch lines made up to basically replace everything on my 5th gen VFR (& XX later) and keep the LBS intact. My question is this, what size/pitch are the holes in the PCV valve and Delay valve. Are they 10mm x 1.0 ? or 10mm x 1.25 like the banjo bolts ?

If this project works, then it will be a dramatically cheaper way to get SS lines on LBS equipped bikes.

Somebody please lend me a hand here.

post-20371-1254196409.jpg

post-20371-1254196425.jpg

Banjo bolts are standard,lines are 1/8 npt flare. one in the back pc valve is flare, and one in the front is flare. All the rest are banjo.But some are tee banjo!

Thanks!

Isn't it a little strange that they use non-metric sizes on an otherwise metric bike???

I'm not sure of the conversion, but is it possible that the "1/8 npt flare" is actually a metric size?

Also, per attached diagram, would my hoses need to be concave tipped or convex tipped ?

I might have to use a convenional banjo connector and banjo bolt if I can't get the connector worked out.

Do you see any problem with using a conventional banjo in place of the Tee banjos ?

post-20371-1254349942.jpg

post-20371-1254350044.jpg

Banjo bolts are standard,lines are 1/8 npt flare. one in the back pc valve is flare, and one in the front is flare. All the rest are banjo.But some are tee banjo!

Thanks!

Isn't it a little strange that they use non-metric sizes on an otherwise metric bike???

I'm not sure of the conversion, but is it possible that the "1/8 npt flare" is actually a metric size?

Also, per attached diagram, would my hoses need to be concave tipped or convex tipped ?

I might have to use a convenional banjo connector and banjo bolt if I can't get the connector worked out.

Do you see any problem with using a conventional banjo in place of the Tee banjos ?

The ones in the pcv are flared lines, so concave, and the tees will have to be two banjos, so the long bolt and a correct cap. I had the same problem on the zxxx. ended up using a lug nut. I will see if I can find it and shoot a picture.

OK thanks, I'm going to try using a banjo connector with a 90 degree bend and a banjo bolt in place of the screw in connectors, will keep everybody informed on progress.

On a side note, I raised up on my pegs this morning to go over a bump in the road and the right one broke clean off!!! It was a shitty after-market peg that came with the bike.

post-20371-1254408478.jpg

This is what I did amd there are shorter, better nuts to do this. 10x 1.25 is the thread. Not that common.

OK thanks, I'm going to try using a banjo connector with a 90 degree bend and a banjo bolt in place of the screw in connectors, will keep everybody informed on progress.

On a side note, I raised up on my pegs this morning to go over a bump in the road and the right one broke clean off!!! It was a shitty after-market peg that came with the bike.

Not sure what your using, got a picture?

post-893-1254416739.jpg

Ummmm,.. I`d double check the pipe thread. 1/8"npt is 27 tpi and I believe the metric works out to be 28. Very close and easy to miss.

You might be right, but in 3/8 inch that I had to see with the fitting and pcv. the thread gauge and tap, showed no difference. Don't have a metric tap for pipe either. And they don't use threads per inch. I tried the 1.25 in it and it bound.

So if you know what it is, give us the designation for it.

I've pulled the trigger on the lines so we'll see. Still want to know what pitch/size that thread is so I can see about a banjo bolt.