CBR1100XX.org Forum

hey Josh

cbrxxquad

Holy wow!!

Very nice!

Did you weigh them to see how much weight is saved/gained?

A lot of beer cans gave their lives for those hubs!

Get the other side done?

Weigh it?

Try driving with them?

Did it change the width of the front end?

did both at the same time really, just shot the one as soon as I got it mounted. Took apart a few times to make changes. Had put together with the old bearings and got the new ones in yesterday..and finalized. Went to do a test ride and feels smoother. About 20 miles and seams to be a lot better. Hard to say. but Looks a lot better. They work, and are two pounds lighter each. And I will bring the adapters to you when I see ya next week end.

I made them 3 inch wide and the hubs and adapters were 3.5 inches so I am an inch narrower. I could have gone the same but, the nut and carter key is pretty far in the hole. And the trailer is a little tight.

Next is the wheel centers....can't decide if I am going to do aluminum,,,, or Lexan. That will drop maybe 10 pounds per wheel.

That will drop maybe 10 pounds per wheel.

Here come the second gear power wheelies!

That would really be nice. I need some weight transfer. With the sand tires the front is pretty easy to bring up, but with the street tires, only time I ever have is in the sand. Made for a great shot though. But, the difference is really the ride, if two pounds makes it that much smoother, think what ten will do...