CBR1100XX.org Forum

Kickstand switch

matthend

So I had a lowside a few weeks back. Broke my left mirror bracket, cracked my stator cover, broke windshield, and broke the kickstand sensor switch. Josh is supplying me with a stator cover (thanks again Josh). I was wearing all gear so luckily i just dislocated my shoulder. My question is how can I trick the switch to think my kickstand is down(I mean UP, thanks rhubarb) all the time? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will try to get some pics up shortly. Thanks all

Ummm, just wondering,.........why would you want the bike to think it`s down? Something tells me you`re not going to get very far every time you put it into gear!

You can short it. All it is, is a continuity switch. Jumper the connector that comes from your harness.

If you don't know where that is, follow the connector from the kickstand.

two wires will tell it the stand is up and the other tell it to turn on the light.

One is hot, and the others are, light and control. Jumper the hot to the control. leave the light out.

And now you have a handy spot on your dash to put your radiator fan force-on switch.