CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Pump Gasket

SLyFoXX

Looks like I have a fuel leak around the fuel pump gasket - when I replace the thing any is there other maintenance I should do while Im in the process?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nightmare experience with this when the "shop" did this routine maintenance ... two new gas tanks, a dozen new gaskets, a new fuel pump assembly and multiple tubes of gasket goop later, I finally figured out that they had OVER-TORQUED the nuts that hold the inverted pump assembly to the tank. I must've taken the setup apart and reassembled at least a dozen times before I realized that the tanks (yes, two) had been warped by a dealer mechanic who didn't heed the very particular torquing requirements.

Be VERY CAREFUL in re-torquing the nuts for the pump assembly when you re-assemble & tighten them in the order described in the manual ... like putting your car tire back on. Gently tighten opposing nuts & then re-tighten/torque to spec again in opposing fashion.

1+ on the fuel filter replacement.