CBR1100XX.org Forum

Two Brothers Exaust???

DUSTYXX

I have the C2 aluminum slip-ons and love them! Nice deep sound, not tinny at all like some I have heard that make the beast of an XX sound like an R6!! Very easy to install, and you shouldn't HAVE TO make any fuel/air adjustments. Go for it!!

TimXX has heard my 2bros, he may be able to offer another opinion, as has Santiago if he is here. Something he calls "school" keeps him away from more important things here..... ;)

Alan

With the FI on a 2002 XX, will I need or want a power commander?  

No you won't HAVE to install a power commander. I installed a Yoshimura RS-3 Race exhaust system on my '03 and it runs just fine. In fact, I get about 33-34 MPG. Installing a power commander will help reduce the 5500 RPM "flat spot" inherent on all Blackbirds.

Joe

The usual question I ask is: what are you looking for in a pipe? Are you looking for horsepower gain, weight saving, looks or something else. This should influence which pipes you get. Cost is usually a secondary consideration to these others because you need to decide on the looks department first - keeping two cans or going to a single. For the XX, it looks like the Akra full-system single is cheaper than most pairs of slipons. I ended up going for the akra based on that alone as I'm not chasing more horsepower, just better sound and less weight (hence better handling). For reference, I paid $676 for my Ti full system akra, and 2bros is advertising online the slipons at $540 or $760 for metal v c/f.

Yes, I've heard Alans pipes too, all the way from mid Oregon to

the SF bay area. They sound sweet!! Like others have said

it all depends on what you want. I've heard the D&D pipes also

and yes, they are loud. My Akra 4-1 is somewhere in between.

My ZX-10 has Vance-Hines 4-1 and it's loud. Ear plugs required

for all day rides.

Two-Bros pipes are great, there business pratices is not.

My .02 cents, Cal

I see you have a silver bike, and assume it's a 2002.

What tells you it's time for new pipes?

old age? or a large tax return?

how 'bout some close ups of those silver beetlebags! :grin:

I have the Two Brothers pipes on my bike. I really love the way they sound! These pipes came with the bike; I bought the bike used. If the bike had the stock pipes, I would keep them stock. Not that I dislike aftermarket pipes, but the small increase in power isn't worth the loot for me. I can think of various other mods I can spend that cash on first. Perhaps then, (after those mods) will I consider buying pipes. On the other hand... I really love the way these pipes sound!

Rich, Here's a pic of the Akra. When I installed it, I thought it

would be a good idea if I washed off the oily finger prints.

I grabbed the closest can of cleaner on the shelf which was

electric motor cleaner and with one spray, the Akra logo

washed off leaving the chrome looking backing on the can.

Oh well, I like it better without it.

20034202256743411781388.jpg

Closeup of can. Akra color print washed off the decal backing.

20034206658854055594721.jpg

For the hell of it. Check out the height of my bars. They are also

further back.

20034207705859868619676.jpg

Later, Cal

Miller,

Nice bike! Your bike is outfitted exactly the way I'd like my bike done, with the exception of the windscreen. Do a search on "weener" and you can check out my screen.

Since we seem to have the same taste, my two cents for you is Micron pipes. Guy on this site's got an '02 with the black to silver slip-ons. Very cool looking, plus I think the Microns have the best sound. Check out IXXRA site for sounds files. Two Bro pipes are on the loud side of the spectrum, maybe not D&D, but still on the opposite side of the Akra and Micron end (IMO).

I personally would like to reduce the backpressure with new cans, but I really like how my bike sounds stock, and how stealth it is.