CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wanted ......pair of suspension forks

I need to buy a pair of clean (and straight) forks for an '02 bird that I just picked up. The ones on it have some rust/pitting at the top of the forks and will probably be too expensive to rebuild. I am trying to avoid a pair that has pitted or rusted tubes.

Anyone have a stock pair (in good condition) left over from a fork conversion project?

You could pull them apart, find someone with a lathe, and take an emery cloth to them. If the pitting is @ the top, it won't affect the seals. Reassemble w / new seals and enjoy.

You could pull them apart, find someone with a lathe, and take an emery cloth to them. If the pitting is @ the top, it won't affect the seals. Reassemble w / new seals and enjoy.

The previous owner must have ridden the bike through some pretty tough stuff. I am concerned that the rust blisters are still low enough in the fork tubes that with my riding weight (and our Michigan roads) would tear up the seals in no time. I called GP suspension who suggested that I may need new fork tubes for them to do a revalve/spring/rebuild them.......,so......,here I am looking for a decent pair of forks!

I had Traxxion Dynamics install AK20 cartridge kits on one of my other birds. They worked out pretty well, but, I still think that I would need a better surface finish to maintain good seal oil integrity on the tubes.