CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clutch switch

Furbird

Does anybody have or know how to acquire JUST the clutch switch for a 99 bird? Parts microfiche does not show that you can get it separately from the entire switch assembly. I'd even be willing to buy somebody's left switch assembly even if it's broken if just that switch is ok, because my housing is fine.

Is it gone or not working?

I have never done it to the XX but on 3 other bikes I've taken the clutch switch apart and cleaned it to make it function right. Was quite easy on the other bikes so I assume the XX's would be the same.

I finally found the switch under the clutch section (not under the switch section where the average human would think that it is). Local dealers don't have it, but I'm going to go order it tomorrow.

My dragbike didn't have one on it at all. Probably lost in one of it's crashes before I bought it. I have several microswitches from all my years of car electronics installation, but nothing that will work.