CBR1100XX.org Forum

What should the sag be for the rear suspension?

Aurora

32mm sag with my Penske triple clicker... 1100 lb spring

Compression settings as delivered (mid click of adjustment range)

Rebound 1 click tighter (mid click of adj range + 1)

I run 42 mm sag in the front with 1.0 springs, 5 wt. oil at 125mm and Penske valving.

Hank

what do you suggest he does with it?

Not sure I understand your question. When I said "depending on what you're doing with it", I was talking about riding style, aggressiveness and the general use of the bike. Mellower touring and slabbing, maybe run a bit more sag. More aggressive riding and you'll want to run less. BTW, the correct spring rate is just as or more important than hitting your desired rider sag.

what do you suggest he does with it?

Not sure I understand your question. When I said "depending on what you're doing with it", I was talking about riding style, aggressiveness and the general use of the bike. Mellower touring and slabbing, maybe run a bit more sag. More aggressive riding and you'll want to run less. BTW, the correct spring rate is just as or more important than hitting your desired rider sag.

That's what I took from your response as well :icon_confused: As far as I am concerned the spring rate would be much more important, particularly for a "fat arse" like me (300lb) as there is no way I would be able to get the correct sag with a stock spring (especially the one on my 900RR shock :icon_surprised: )