CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help with CBR900RR shock for BB

plonkey

I ahve located a CBR900RR shok. The seller thinks it is off a 98 model CBR900 but isnt sure .

He told me the part number on the shock is MAE-003

I have search the forum here and found that the suitable shocks to suit are

MWO-003 (

MWO-0132A ( 52400-MW0-013ZA )

MWO-0132B ( 52400-MW0-013ZB )

MAE-0032B ( 52400-MAE-003ZB )

Should I assume that the shock is the same as the last one?

I dont want to buy it, get it overhauled and resprung to find it is not going to fit.

Any help would be well received.

I have located a CBR 900RR shock. The seller thinks it is off a 98 model CBR900 but isn't sure .

He told me the part number on the shock is MAE-003

I have search the forum here and found that the suitable shocks to suit are

MWO-003 (

MWO-0132A ( 52400-MWO-013ZA )

MWO-0132B ( 52400-MWO-013ZB )

MAE-0032B ( 52400-MAE-003ZB )

Should I assume that the shock is the same as the last one?

I don't want to buy it, get it overhauled and resprung to find it is not going to fit.

Any help would be well received.

Yeah it should be fine, mine just had the MWO-003 prefix (no 4th # and a letter, I believe they are only for things like the colour as some are red/some yellow and maybe slight valving differences :icon_surprised: )

Oh I believe the first part/model #'s as they are there are a typo, ie MWO-0132A is actually the 2nd part # MWO-013ZA (the "2" should be a "Z") as that is how they are listed on Ron Ayers or Honda Direct Line etc :icon_confused:

post-2722-1236916319.jpg

By the time you buy it, have it re-sprung and re-valved you'll probably be getting close to the price of an aftermarket shock which would be far superior right out of the box. I'm just sayin....

By the time you buy it, have it re-sprung and re-valved you'll probably be getting close to the price of an aftermarket shock which would be far superior right out of the box. I'm just sayin....

Unfortunately this isnt the case for us Bird owners in Australia.

Our currency against yours is crap. With freight we pay almost double what you guys do(in our Dollars).

An Ohlins costs about $1800 aussie dollars and I can get a rear shock local for $100, and overhauled and sprung for $350 at the same time as the forks are being resprung and valved so for me it is a big saving and the only way I can afford it.

That is unless one of you kind people can be my benefactor and sponsor me.

I will tell everyine how great you are in return.. :icon_surprised:

Hell I will even wear a TShirt with your picture on it...lol

Our currency against yours is crap. With freight we pay almost double what you guys do(in our Dollars).

An Ohlins costs about $1800 aussie dollars and I can get a rear shock local for $100, and overhauled and sprung for $350 at the same time as the forks are being resprung and valved so for me it is a big saving and the only way I can afford it.

That is unless one of you kind people can be my benefactor and sponsor me.

I will tell everyine how great you are in return.. :icon_surprised:

Hell I will even wear a TShirt with your picture on it...lol

Ah, didn't realize you were in Australia. I stand corrected.

+1 I did the 900RR shock and the shock cost me ~$61US + ~$65US postage, $165AUD for an Eibach spring and $140AUD to rebuild it, all up ~$477AUD :icon_surprised:

At the time an Ohlins/Penske/Wilburs from the US was ~$1100AUD landed and as Plonkey said ~$1800-$2200AUD to buy here :icon_eek:

Best price I saw on the Penske was in a Warchild GB about a year ago when our dollar was nearly equal and that was still ~$850-900AUD landed so the RR shock is a lot cheaper :icon_think: