CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yammie rectifier fun...

matthend

OK, so my rectifier died on 2-10. I bought a yamaha one from ebay and ordered one of the custom connectors from Mike. The issue is, he sent it to the address on my paypal acct, and I have moved since. My mail is forwarded, but I have yet to see the connector. My bike is my primary transportation to and from work, the wifey has been driving about 80 miles per day taking me back and forth. I spoke to mike, and he is in VA till monday, so i can not order another one till then anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions at all to get me on the road here? Should I buy some spade connectors and make my own? I am having serious withdrawals not riding for almost a month!!

Thanks for any suggestions offered

OK, so my rectifier died on 2-10. I bought a yamaha one from ebay and ordered one of the custom connectors from Mike. The issue is, he sent it to the address on my paypal acct, and I have moved since. My mail is forwarded, but I have yet to see the connector. My bike is my primary transportation to and from work, the wifey has been driving about 80 miles per day taking me back and forth. I spoke to mike, and he is in VA till monday, so i can not order another one till then anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions at all to get me on the road here? Should I buy some spade connectors and make my own? I am having serious withdrawals not riding for almost a month!!

Thanks for any suggestions offered

When I did mine with the Yamaha Regulator I just cut the connector(s) off my old Honda regulator and soldered theim to the Yamaha pigtail. It's been fiine for 30,000 miles or so.

Bill

i dont have a yamaha pigtail... just the rectifier and my old wires. I am wondering about maybe some spade connectors and wire?-

Do this...... you don't need the pig tail or cut any wires!!!!!!!!!!

Take spades out of the pluge

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

mount RR and pluge them is as pictured... I heat raped the spades for water proofing been like this for 5 years

DSC01763.jpg

Red front left-----Green front right----- 3 yellow any order back

I have a 98 carbed XX

Good luck.

Now that Jaysus mentions it, I did mine the same way he did - it's been about 6 years and I didn't remember about tearing the XX connector apart to reuse the spade's (as I didn't get the Yammy pigtail either).

Good luck,

Bill

You could send me your current address and I could send you my unused connector kit that I got for my 97?

Kinley

Just sell it to another sucker........ I mean someone in need? :icon_thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help guy, I am back on the road! :icon_biggrin: I ended up rplacing the spade connectors and shrinkwrapping them separately, which worked like a champ. Josh (jb4xx) even called and offered me the use of the harness from his turbo b ike! This forum rocks!