CBR1100XX.org Forum

Johnny Cheese Custom Map

Silverbird2

Ok, I went to Austin last weekend to see the famous Johnny Cheese, the bike tuner guru. First of all for those of you who do not know who Johnny Cheese is, he is a well known Dynojet tuner in Round Rock (near Austin). I highly recomend him for those of you who are looking for somone who knows what they are doing and is willing to take the time to answer questions and explain things as he tunes. I am trying to upload all of the pictures and the dyno results. I am having trouble uploading the pictures because of the file size i believe.

To sum it up i think i gained somewhere around 5 rwhp and 2.8 fp of tourque. I am not as interested in that as i am in the real world results. It is sitll a little early to tell how the new tune will effect everything but it does run much better than it did (and i thought it ran great). It seems to shift smoother, run smoother (from idle to redline), and run a little cooler (driving to Austin vs. driving home).

I am running a PCIII, K&N and a "mutt pipe" that is a combination of an Erion 4-2-1header/mid-pipe (ceramic coated by Jet Hot) with an Akropovich can. I was running a dynojet map made for an Erion 4-2-1. As it turns out that was quite lean. After tuning I ended up around 151.4 (uncorrected). According to Johnny his dyno was showing a correction of 2 hp for the temperature which would put it somewhere aroung 153 (sounds a little optimistic to me).

Anyone with a similar set up have thier dyno results?

post-5315-1233090214.jpg

Ok, I went to Austin last weekend to see the famous Johnny Cheese, the bike tuner guru. First of all for those of you who do not know who Johnny Cheese is, he is a well known Dynojet tuner in Round Rock (near Austin). I highly recomend him for those of you who are looking for somone who knows what they are doing and is willing to take the time to answer questions and explain things as he tunes. I am trying to upload all of the pictures and the dyno results. I am having trouble uploading the pictures because of the file size i believe.

To sum it up i think i gained somewhere around 5 rwhp and 2.8 fp of tourque. I am not as interested in that as i am in the real world results. It is sitll a little early to tell how the new tune will effect everything but it does run much better than it did (and i thought it ran great). It seems to shift smoother, run smoother (from idle to redline), and run a little cooler (driving to Austin vs. driving home).

I am running a PCIII, K&N and a "mutt pipe" that is a combination of an Erion 4-2-1header/mid-pipe (ceramic coated by Jet Hot) with an Akropovich can. I was running a dynojet map made for an Erion 4-2-1. As it turns out that was quite lean. After tuning I ended up around 151.4 (uncorrected). According to Johnny his dyno was showing a correction of 2 hp for the temperature which would put it somewhere aroung 153 (sounds a little optimistic to me).

Anyone with a similar set up have thier dyno results?

post-5315-1233090214.jpg

WOOW!! It did That for your wing. :icon_dance:

Oh, sorry i forgot to metion it is an 02 bird :icon_rolleyes:

LOL!!

Sounds like it was worth the time and money. I was sitting here today and was wondering how it was going to turn out for your bike.

Cheese is the chite!!

Yeah all but the part where i laid the bike over in some gravel on the way up, it was definately worth it. I would highly recomend him. Let me know when you are ready to go and i will ride up with you. I will never pass on a trip to party and ride in Austin.

I wish you could have gone. He had 5 bikes in his shop that were putting out over 500 hp! Extremely cool guy, and knows his stuff.

Yeah all but the part where i laid the bike over in some gravel on the way up

That sucks!

Not too bad, I had crash protectors on the side and on the can so i just dinged one panel and replace both crash protectors. I did have on a brnad new pair of Dainese boots that i only wore for two hours before going down. they got a nice hole in the leather (on the top). That was the part that sucked.

I'm guessing he has a Eddy Current Dyno.............

They're easy to modify results with.

No it is a special dyno that is impossible to tamper with results on. It is highly sensative and accurate. In fact the one he owns they use to calibrate all other dyno's. The truth is i could care less. I just know that the bike runs better.

I'm guessing he has a Eddy Current Dyno.............They're easy to modify results with.

No it is a special dyno that is impossible to tamper with results on. It is highly sensative and accurate. In fact the one he owns they use to calibrate all other dyno's. The truth is i could care less. I just know that the bike runs better.

The reason I say is because the power numbers shown are high for a stock bird with only simple Mods.

Additionally, if it's Not a Dynojet Dyno, then yes altering the report is as easy as throwing of the calibration of a sensor or 2. So if it's a "special" dyno as you put it, then this starts to gain weight in my book.

What I do see though.... is a nice smooth power curve.

No more 5K, 7.5K, and 10.5K dips... Very nice.

It is a Dynojet dyno that he uses. The power does seem a little high compared to others i've seen but it was rather cold outside. One of the guys there said that the cold weather can add up to 8hp (??).

In my opinion it was worth the money. He charged me $250.00. I am not sure if that is what he charges everyone but I have heard other places charging more.

It is a Dynojet dyno that he uses. The power does seem a little high compared to others i've seen but it was rather cold outside. One of the guys there said that the cold weather can add up to 8hp (??).

In my opinion it was worth the money. He charged me $250.00. I am not sure if that is what he charges everyone but I have heard other places charging more.

My stock 02 has always made around 128-130rwhp the 2 times it was Dynoed. 16K miles, and 40K miles.

Well here's what's bothering me.....

If I look at your Chart, and compare it to some of the Charts I have.... the HP Numbers on Your chart Don't seem to be in Line with the HP #'s on these to Chart.... specifical when comparing the Totque curves.

The Torque #'s are almost the same at 7K.... so why is there a 5-7% difference in the HP #'s at the same rpm.

HP is a mathmatical calculation of Torque over Time, so if the torque is the same, at a given RPM, then the HP numbers should also match, but they don't seem too..........

Attached is one of my Dyno Charts, and another Dyno chart from the TiForce website.

It's also interesting to point out, your Chart and the Tiforce chart look almost identical.... except for the HP #'s.

post-726-1233608057.jpg

post-726-1233608060.gif

Thank you Jay I didn't want to have to explain that.

Yeah Eric you seem to know more about it than i do so i can't answer your question. If you would like you can call Johnny Cheese his # is 512-767-4273. He's a nice guy and easy to talk to. I am sure he would love to answer your questions. In fact i would love to know what you ask him and what his answers are so let me know if you do call.

My Buddy Jeff with the blue 14 had his fies pulled, 4-2-1 and a Power Commander installed and took it to Johnny. His #'s didn't come out as high as some of the others on the 14 site with the same set up or other 14's that he had tuned. He told Jeff his was "in the middle" of most he has tuned. I think it is different bikes, different setups, different altitudes, different temperatures when tuning, etc.

Like i said all i know is that it runs better. I wish i knew more about it.

Let me know what you find out.

One difference is Johnny's dyno chart is in STD while the other 2 are in SAE.

There can be a 2% to 4% correction factor (difference), depending on the weather.

Gotta compare apples to apples...

Hank

Simple............. Silver is faster.... Duh!!! :icon_twisted:

I think you've been hitting the Squid Bottle a Little too hard Jay....... maybe try some Maker's Mark for a while, and see if that helps. :icon_twisted:

As for the Charts.... Good Catch Hanksxxx, I missed that, and yes that could account for everything, especially since we don't know the conditions at the time of the STD run on Silvers Bike.

Maybe it was Cold and Dry out....

Even at see level if they are not using the SAE correction factors, then you're not comparing apples to apples.

Edited to add: Considering the above.... Silvers Bike could be putting out Less than Mine.... just something to think about.

Simple............. Silver is faster.... Duh!!! :icon_twisted:

I think you've been hitting the Squid Bottle a Little too hard Jay....... maybe try some Maker's Mark for a while, and see if that helps. :icon_twisted:

As for the Charts.... Good Catch Hanksxxx, I missed that, and yes that could account for everything, especially since we don't know the conditions at the time of the STD run on Silvers Bike.

Maybe it was Cold and Dry out....

Even at see level if they are not using the SAE correction factors, then you're not comparing apples to apples.

Edited to add: Considering the above.... Silvers Bike could be putting out Less than Mine.... just something to think about.

I am sure that is it. It couldn't possibly be putting out as much as yours, didn't you put on those trick $2,000.00 European pipes that give you a 20hp boost?

You guys are Funny........

Now back on a serious note, now there is something very interesting about the Chart you posted...

Look at the Torque curve after 9K, then compare it to my Chart.

Do you see it...

Your Chart says you still have 70 lb.ft. at 11K., mine only shows 60 lb.ft..

Now considering the slight error in the values at 7K......

.. and I have to think... No amount of air temperature, or humidity is going to make up for a 16% difference... and neither is a little fuel mapping....

So why the HUGE difference.... I ponder....

1. Might Johny's machine be so out of wack it's not even funny.... unknown.

2. Might there be some other difference for the huge top end power gain.... maybe.

What are all of the Mods on your bike again ?

3.Maybe it's a combination of the 2..... could be.

Interesting.. to say the least. Wouldn't you agree.

You guys are Funny........

Now back on a serious note, now there is something very interesting about the Chart you posted...

Look at the Torque curve after 9K, then compare it to my Chart.

Do you see it...

Your Chart says you still have 70 lb.ft. at 11K., mine only shows 60 lb.ft..

Now considering the slight error in the values at 7K......

.. and I have to think... No amount of air temperature, or humidity is going to make up for a 16% difference... and neither is a little fuel mapping....

So why the HUGE difference.... I ponder....

1. Might Johny's machine be so out of wack it's not even funny.... unknown.

2. Might there be some other difference for the huge top end power gain.... maybe.

What are all of the Mods on your bike again ?

3.Maybe it's a combination of the 2..... could be.

Interesting.. to say the least. Wouldn't you agree.

I do see it and i agree somethng does seem a bit off. There is nothing that special about what i have done to the bike i listed all of the mods previously in this thread. The header and mid pipe were ceramic coated by Jet Hot (inside and out) which may help a little but other than that nothing out of the ordinary.

Once again I just had it tuned to run better. Take away all of the #'s and you can plainly see that the re-mapping was a great improvement. Therefore i feel as though it was well worth it. I could care less what kind of #'s the bike is putting down. If i wanted huge #'s i would own something else. Pesonally i think that the whole dyno thing is not an exact science anyway. To many inconsistancies and variables to consider. I know that Johnny Cheese is a very well respected tuner and i still highly recomend him to anyone who is looking to custom map thier bike. I was looking for someone who was knew what he was doing and well respected. His list of cliantel reads like a who's who of well known drag racers and top speed run guys. I have to think that his equipment is at least somewhat reliable. Who's to say that the dyno you were on was all that accurate?

Anyway i will post a thread from the HB site i found it touches on some of the things that you are asking about (our old buddy Warchild just so happened to be ont here as well :icon_rolleyes:). Go check it out for yourself or call him and ask him.

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-...-dyno-tune.html

Here's another one. Do you know who Jennifer Robertson is? She is in this one.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=134458.0