CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tall Guy on an XX

Boov

Newbie here with a question. :icon_wave:

I really want an XX but I don't know how well it will fit me. I'm 6'2" and a big boned. Up here in Michigan it's not easy to find bike to look at and sit on this time of year to check out how much I like one. Before I consider traveling to look at one for sale online I would like to hear opinions about how it will work for me. Are there any other bigger guys on XX's.

Is there anybody in West Michigan, GR area that has one that's not deep in storage that I can sit on and check out?

Boov

Why hello Tiny.....

Just kidding, yes there are lots of big guys here that ride the Bird, and Love it.

Some of the really Tall guys installed foot-peg lowering brackets to give the Knees a little help, and I'm sure they'll all say the same.

Ride it.

6'5" and Big Boned...

Ride all day. I did do a peg mod and it made a big difference.

I live in southern Indiana, long drive for you. You should have some Michigan peeps speak up soon...

Newbie here with a question. :icon_wave:

I really want an XX but I don't know how well it will fit me. I'm 6'2" and a big boned. Up here in Michigan it's not easy to find bike to look at and sit on this time of year to check out how much I like one. Before I consider traveling to look at one for sale online I would like to hear opinions about how it will work for me. Are there any other bigger guys on XX's.

Is there anybody in West Michigan, GR area that has one that's not deep in storage that I can sit on and check out?

Boov

The XX is a big guy bike (says the short guy)

Where in Michigan? We've got some board members in Michigan, I bet one of them would let you sit on their XX.

If you're worried about your knees, DavesXX01 offers peg lowering brackets (actually, I'll be taking over the sales of those when he moves to Arizona in a week or so) which really make a difference.

As stated, it's a popular choice for larger guys. You need look no farther than your typical XX meet to realize this. I'm 6'3", 220lbs and I'm lucky to be called average in this crowd. As a sporting bike for a big guy you can't do much better.

If you want to sit on one before buying, I'd suggest posting your request in the pub. We've got guys in your area that are much more likely to see it there.

6' 1" and "husky". Fits perfectly. A guy I rode with a couple times was about 5' 4"ish with a XX and couldn't touch his toes to the ground at the same time. He looked like an Ewok riding the thing. He sold it and got a low slung cruiser he could flat-foot at stoplights.

You'll love the 'bird. Contrary to the general sport style of the bike (and thus would expect discomfort), the ergonomics are great.

6' 1" and "husky". Fits perfectly.

You'll love the 'bird. Contrary to the general sport style of the bike (and thus would expect discomfort), the ergonomics are great.

+3

This is my third Bird... :icon_biggrin:

I'm also a Little "big boned" and 6'1". The bike fits me great for sport touring. Stock ergo's.

If you want to grab a fairy ride across the pond to Milwaukee, your welcome to check mine out.

As stated, it's a popular choice for larger guys. You need look no farther than your typical XX meet to realize this. I'm 6'3", 220lbs and I'm lucky to be called average in this crowd. As a sporting bike for a big guy you can't do much better.

If you want to sit on one before buying, I'd suggest posting your request in the pub. We've got guys in your area that are much more likely to see it there.

Im also 6`3, 220lbs. Never modified seat or pegs and have had no problems in the ride position. If I were going to modify anything to give more leg room it would be the seat, that way you dont interfere with the ground clearance and can still crank it into the twisties :icon_biggrin:

6-3 and 275. Get yourself a ZZR 1200. :icon_twisted:

6-6 300

I've put 67,000miles on mine, stock pegs and handle bars........................ you get used to it...........

harden up

I'm 17'11" tall and my knees hurt after a few hours on the bird.

J/K. I am 6'4" and my right knee...not sure why only my right...hurts after a few hours in the saddle. My corbin seat is dished out though so I sit a bit lower thus making it even tighter on my knees. The Daves Lowering Brackets helped a lot though.

My longest straight trip was 10hrs. After the first few hours it was a lot easier.

If you want to grab ** a fairy ride across the pond to Milwaukee, your welcome to check mine out.

** Also known as a ZX14 in biker speak :icon_whistle:

6'2" and 330# or so this week. Small boned says Ben. :icon_rolleyes: '03 model. Added VFR bars and peg lowering brackets, but didn't really require them for comfort over stock. Bike fits like it was custom molded for me.