CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ventura Bike Pack System for the Blackbird

For sale is the complete Ventura luggage rack system hardware for the Blackbird and a Sport Pack. THIS SALE DOES NOT INCLUDE EITHER OF THE LARGE PACKS but you can buy them separately. If you are not familiar with the Ventura Pack System for the Blackbird you can get info here: Ventura System

Included in the sale is:

L-Brackets

Pack Rack

Sport Rack

Sport Pack II

Grab Handle

All mounting hardware and instructions

Basically the system bolts on where the stock bungee mounts are along side the passenger seat and you change out the rear mount depending on whether you want to use the Pack Rack, Sport Rack or grab handle if you aren't hauling any gear. The pictures below show the system on my red Bird before I sold it with the Sport Pack II and with the grab rail. The photo of the Black Bird is from the Ventura website and shows it with one of the large packs installed and facing forward which is recommended if riding solo but you can turn it around if 2-up riding. Again this sale DOES NOT include the large pack but does include the large pack frame.

The gear listed above would cost around $338 new but I am selling it for $120 which includes FedEx ground shipping to the lower 48. This is a good sturdy system.

PM me if interested.

For sale is the complete Ventura luggage rack system hardware for the Blackbird and a Sport Pack. THIS SALE DOES NOT INCLUDE EITHER OF THE LARGE PACKS but you can buy them separately. If you are not familiar with the Ventura Pack System for the Blackbird you can get info here: Ventura System

Included in the sale is:

L-Brackets

Pack Rack

Sport Rack

Sport Pack II

Grab Handle

All mounting hardware and instructions

Basically the system bolts on where the stock bungee mounts are along side the passenger seat and you change out the rear mount depending on whether you want to use the Pack Rack, Sport Rack or grab handle if you aren't hauling any gear. The pictures below show the system on my red Bird before I sold it with the Sport Pack II and with the grab rail. The photo of the Black Bird is from the Ventura website and shows it with one of the large packs installed and facing forward which is recommended if riding solo but you can turn it around if 2-up riding. Again this sale DOES NOT include the large pack but does include the large pack frame.

The gear listed above would cost around $338 new but I am selling it for $120 which includes FedEx ground shipping to the lower 48. This is a good sturdy system.

PM me if interested.

If still availabe its Sold.

Send me a PM with your address so I can get a check in the mail tomorrow.

Mike

Once you get it on it’s great. Mine has one big pack and has been powder coated silver (added 5 horsepower :icon_rolleyes: ) to match the bike. Holds enough for about a weeks travel.

Like all this aftermarket stuff said to fit several models it has some problems: The rack rails did not fit into the recess in the OEM special washers so I had a machine shop fabricate a set. I replaced the provided bolts (for some reason I can’t recall right now). It was a bitch getting things to line up just right (the new washers helped there) as did a rubber coated impact hammer.

The original purchase price is plain highway robbery for a few tubes bent and welded together. :icon_frown:

Mike

System has been sold to 79cbxMike. I've had this on and off the Bird several times and all fit well so I hope you don't experience any problems fitting it up on yours. I agree that the original cost is high but I really liked it so much I bought a set for the FJR. Unfortunately the big pack was the only thing I could re-use for the FJR as the racks are all wider than the ones for the Birdy.

Anyhow, good luck with it. It served me well.

System has been sold to 79cbxMike. I've had this on and off the Bird several times and all fit well so I hope you don't experience any problems fitting it up on yours. I agree that the original cost is high but I really liked it so much I bought a set for the FJR. Unfortunately the big pack was the only thing I could re-use for the FJR as the racks are all wider than the ones for the Birdy.

Anyhow, good luck with it. It served me well.

:icon_smile: