CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB : PAIR Block-off Plates

JRed made and sold sets of them on this forum, but I don't know if he is still

doing that or not. However, there is a guy selling them on ebay from time to

time; do a search there if JRed doesn't chime in.

If anybody could briefly explain what they do I would really appreciate it.

The PAIR system injects fresh air into the exhaust stream under certain conditions to help burn off unspent gas and lower emissions. It involves a couple of reed valves, a solenoid and a bunch of hoses under the tank. There is no performance benefit to eliminating this system. All it does is simplify service (with all that crap out of the way) and allow for accurate A/F readings if using a sniffer in the exhaust stream for tuning.

If anybody could briefly explain what they do I would really appreciate it.

The PAIR system injects fresh air into the exhaust stream under certain conditions to help burn off unspent gas and lower emissions. It involves a couple of reed valves, a solenoid and a bunch of hoses under the tank. There is no performance benefit to eliminating this system. All it does is simplify service (with all that crap out of the way) and allow for accurate A/F readings if using a sniffer in the exhaust stream for tuning.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess no performance means no money to spend on it for me.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess no performance means no money to spend on it for me.

I guess you never worked under the tank much, it's worth the price to get rid of that crap. Not to mention if you ever have your bike dyno tuned you need them out to make it accurate.

I guess you never worked under the tank much, it's worth the price to get rid of that crap. Not to mention if you ever have your bike dyno tuned you need them out to make it accurate.

You are adding pollution. I think they only open on deceleration or low throttle - allowing air to enter. Full throttle they close anyway.

Most people dyno full throttle. I don't think it will change the reading any. Plus I love the "popping" sound on down shifts.

• 2 weeks later...
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=191...;highlight=pair

I bought a set off of these guys for the 954.. they're good quality and cost $20 shipped.

damn it you have to register to pm him!

Bump

Did this guy ever get back to you?

• 1 month later...

I tried to contact the guy on the website above and the site is temporarily down. I will keep trying, in the mean time does anyone know another place to get a set? i have the bike apart to do some suspension mods and would love to take care of this while i have it broken down. Thanks ahead of time for any help i can get.

I tried to contact the guy on the website above and the site is temporarily down. I will keep trying, in the mean time does anyone know another place to get a set? i have the bike apart to do some suspension mods and would love to take care of this while i have it broken down. Thanks ahead of time for any help i can get.

I have them.

http://www.cyclefarkle.com

I have them.

http://www.cyclefarkle.com

PM sent