CBR1100XX.org Forum

99 xx project bike

I just havent had time to finish this thing and now we're thinking of moving and I dont want to take it with and try to keep all the parts together till I can find the time to work on it. Figured I'd toss it out there and see if anyone is interested.

Heres the project. The bike has 30ish thousand miles on it, never wrecked. The tranny was acting up, some of you may remember a thread last october or so about it. Had some worn gear dogs. So I pulled the engine, replaced 3 gears and a fork in the trans. Removed the pair and replaced plugs while they were easy to get at. Got the engine back together but never got it back in the bike. I have all the parts to do it, just not the time (or ambition anymore).

So if someone is looking for a good project this is it.

I'd sell the bike only for $2500 or with all of my accessories for $3000.

If you buy the bike only you will get the stock bars and exhaust. If the bike sells by itself I'll put the other stuff up for sale at that time.

List of accessories:

Corbin gunfighter & Lady. Had red piping but I colored it black.

New in box cheetah screen.

Used stock screen, bike has a cheetah on it now.

Used Givi screen.

Helibars with throttlemeister.

2-bros carbon slip ons, decent shape, a few scratches, sound great.

2-bros full system, alum can that isnt in that great of shape, would need repacked and the inside tackwelded.

Used pc-2.

Carbon fiber rear hugger.

I'm sure I have some more stuff that I will throw in if I find it.

what did you use to color the piping? I bought one that had purple and I am trying to figure out the best way to make the whole thing black...tried black marker and leather dye...nothing seemed to work that well yet. Good luck on the sale.