CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain Lube- Anyone tried this stuff?

RC Randy

Since Honda discontinued the HP chain lube, I've been using the Bel-Ray Superclean, and although it doesn't fling off, I'm getting a lot of build up that I didn't get with the Honda HP. Now it looks like I'm going to have to actually clean my chain. With the Honda stuff, it was so light you never had build up, and with 26,000 on my current chain, I think it was doing its job.

My routine is to apply and just use a rag dampened with kerosene and wipe off the gold DID links to keep it looking good and leaving most of the lube where it needs to be.

http://www.originalbikespirits.com/prod_chainlub.aspx

Same stuff?

To completely not answer your question...

I have used BelRay SuperClean for years. I don't remember what I used before that. This weekend I picked up some Maxima Chain wax. I scrubbed the chain down with one of those 3 sided brushes. Thats probably the only time I've ever cleaned a chain. I'm going to give the Maxima a try. So far is looks cleaner. After this can if I'm not happy with it I'm just going to use gear lube.