CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pirelli Diablo Corsa III. Anyone have experience with these?

LogoMan

I just ordered a Diablo Corsa III front tire. The Diablo Strada on the rear is nearly new so I'm keeping it. I have a well worn Diablo on the front now, but I think they discontinued that tire so I got something that I thought was similar.

Anyone have any experience with a Corsa III on the front?

I bought a set on an earlier Cyclegear sale, ran them on a couple track days and several local rides and never had an issue.

The cyclegear sale is a great deal.

I probably would have gone that Diablo Sport route if my rear Diablo Strada wasn't nearly new. Still, I like as much sticky up front as I can get. Hope the Corsa III will fill the bill. It was around $137 including shipping.

Quite a few guys on smaller bikes love them around here. Some even think they are better than the Pilot Powers. No personal experience though.

I don't have any experience with those, but I will toss out there, that... cyclegear is having a nice sale on Oct 25th for tires:

"Pirelli Diablo Tire Packages ($179.98 for 120/180 and $189.98 for 120/190)

Click here to reserve your tires now!"

http://www.cyclegear.com/SpookySaturdaySale.cfm

Thanks JuXXtin, just scored a set for future use/need.

Ya-----thanks for the tip. I have been running the Diablo/Strada set up for the last two changes on the Bird and have a Bridgstone 021 on the rear of the Triumph. I like the 021 on the rear, but the one I ran on the front of the ST was to the wear bars in less than 3K so not on a heavy bike. The 16's for that price sound real good----looks like I'm going to be on a set. Again, thanks--------happy trails kel

It is a good tire. Street/track day tire. You will not have a problem with it.

Thanks. I've always liked the Pirellis and figured this one would be good, too. Just hadn't heard anything about the Corsa III on a heavy bike.

Got the tire today. Love the smell of a new tire in the morning.

It appears that Cycle Gear has switched the sale over to Bridgstones....

I noticed that too... interesting...

Those are apparently good tires, but I dono... I'd rather wait and hope they have another sale before summer, on III's or something...

Mike

I talked to them and they said the Pirelli's are a close out. Pirelli is discontinuing that model.

If you want the Pirelli's call them you might still be able to get them.

• 3 weeks later...

I put a set of these Pirelli's on my Blackbird days before embarking on a trip down the West Coast leaving from Alberta, hitting San Francisco and back up through Reno. The other guys on the trip thought I was crazy for running these tires for extended highway driving but they held up very well. In eight days I put on approximately 6000 km's and they show no more wear than the guys on the VFR's running Bridgestones, and at times I wasn't being gentle with them!

Randy: As long as you don't overload the bike on the center line- i.e. a loaded fastbag on the pillion seat- these are without a doubt the best tires I've had on the 'bird. Even with me at 240, the first set I had went just under 10K. That's highway, city, Texas summer heat, flat and twisty all together. I'm really sorry to hear they're discontinuing them, now I have to go back to experimenting again.

Randy: As long as you don't overload the bike on the center line- i.e. a loaded fastbag on the pillion seat- these are without a doubt the best tires I've had on the 'bird. Even with me at 240, the first set I had went just under 10K. That's highway, city, Texas summer heat, flat and twisty all together. I'm really sorry to hear they're discontinuing them, now I have to go back to experimenting again.

The tires being discontinued are NOT the corsa III. The tires being discontinued were the different Pirelli model that cycle gear had on sale.