CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: '97 CBR1100XX $3100 Central Virginia

For Sale 1997 CBR1100XX, 57,xxx miles. Great bike, I love it, but I don't have much time to ride it. And, I could use the funds for a track bike project. Very clean and in great shape - starts immediately, smooth idle, no leaks, lots of power, smooth shifting. Basically, everything on this bike works like it should, no problems, no surprises. All maintenance is up to date. In spring 2007, (9K miles ago), I did the following maintenance:

• new battery
  • new regulator/rectifier, the old one still works and is included with the bike.
  • new chain, DID530-110ZVM2
  • new sprockets, 18T/45T (steel)
  • new spark plugs, NGK Iridium
  • new air filter, Honda OEM filter
  • new clutch and brake fluid
  • new coolant, Honda 50/50 premix
  • new brake pads - EBC HH
  • new wheel bearings
  • new tapered steering head bearings
  • new BWM sport touring grips
  • new cam chain tensioner
  • valve adjustment - intake valves were within spec, six exhaust valves needed slightly thinner shims.
  • new inner and outer fork bushings, Honda OEM
  • new fork seals, Honda OEM
  • new fork oil, 10wt
Extras
  • frame sliders
  • frame plugs
  • powder coated fork lowers (black)
  • spare regulator/rectifier
  • two used pilot power rear tires (180/55ZR-17), both have less than 500 miles on them.
Last winter the upper cowl and lower (side) fairings were repainted. The painter did an ok job. A foot away you can find lots of little flaws - some lint, overspray in a couple places. Also notice that I did not put the decals back on, I prefer the subtle, stealth look. The lower right side fairing mounting tab is missing. It's been like that for years and doesn't affect the stability of the right side fairing.

Here's a link to an online album with 68 photos in a couple different lighting conditions.

Picasa Web Album - use the magnifying glass icon to zoom/pan.

A replacement for the missing bolt on the rear grab rail has already been ordered. Apparently I lost one of the OEM bolts while the Wingrack was on the bike. I'm also selling the farkles from this bike in another thread. If you buy any of them, I'll put them back on (if you so desire). Also I can help some with delivery or whatever logistical support you may require.

Asking $3100

post-1763-1222211797.jpg post-1763-1222211826.jpg post-1763-1222211855.jpg post-1763-1222211919.jpg

All nuts Matt does this mean your not going to ride with us anymore :icon_frown: or are ya looking for somethin a bit newer? :icon_smile:

All nuts Matt does this mean your not going to ride with us anymore :icon_frown: or are ya looking for somethin a bit newer? :icon_smile:
Stop being silly. I just can't quit you guys. BTW, don't you remember the little copper SV I had in WV? That's basically the replacement. True, it's not the same, but I don't have time for long trips anymore. Besides the SV is really at home on the roads 'round here.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bike.....that's what I paid for my '98 w/14K miles.....mint and only needed a rear tire. But then again.......I think the previous owner literally gave it away to me..... I would have paid more..... :icon_evilgrin:

• 1 month later...