CBR1100XX.org Forum

R/R issue...yes its a dead horse but I need help!

NoOne65

So, I have a bad regulator/rectifier. The voltage increases from 12v on up to 17v. It overcharges the battery to the point of boiling the liquid dry. I have a new R1 unit to be delivered tomorrow to replace the R1 unit already on the bike. My commute is small..about 20 miles...and I dont have any other transportation. Do you think that if I remove the hot lead from the R/R that the battery would be sufficient to make 20 miles, then get a full charge from a charger at home?

J

If the battery is fully charged right now and you pull the headlight fuse, you should be

able to make 20 miles easily, even more likely if you have some one give you a bump

start to save the juice used to start with the starter motor.

I had to nurse the XX home just a couple months ago.

FYI, if your interested?

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry632718

Thanks Cal...I already had an R1 unit. I suspect the heat from my 4 hour Gustav evacuation from the city fried it. I replaced it with another and it works like it should, no rewiring necessary. Just need to remove the spades from the plastic connector. You can always save the connector if you wish to go back to stock