CBR1100XX.org Forum

two bros slipons & centerstand

matey_peeps

2bros makes a "keep your centerstand" kit, make whomever you got the pipes from (unless private party) include it!

the only problem with the kit imho is that the centerstand bags the kit parts (not the pipe) rather than the plush thump it used to make stock.

i'm not sure but i would believe that a dealer that sells and installs 2bros should be able to get one.

and i'd also put my money on if you called 2bros, they'd look it up. i've heard they are lousy via email and web.

and if i'm not mistaken, you might find it on the parts411.com website, but again you may have to call them.

btw, my dealer 'gave up' on trying to install mine when they were installing my 4-2-1. and now that i think about it, the snake kept it as well! (lacyclesports)

Ok, first of all, I am not advertising for Two-Fukin-Bros racin. I'm only trying to help you Justin or any other XX owner. If you ever get a wrong part, good luck gettin your credit in a timely manner!!

I have that bracket on my 98.

OK here goes--- the part # is 005-68-01-CB (fits all years)

Don't thank me, GOOD LUCK!!

Later, anonymous

If you actually want to see the part, you have to got to the specific

model year installation section. They don't list that part independently

from their exhaust systems.

Later, annonymous

David, The reason your dealer gave up, (I'm assuming) is because the

socket cap head of the bolt they supply with the bracket is too large to

fit the counter-bore in the anchor mount. I had to turn down the head

approx .008 to get it in the counter-bore.

THATS 2-BROS!!! Larry an Moe

later, anonymous

He is asking about slip-ons, not full exhaust. As someone who owns 2Bros slip-ons I can tell you that you don't need a thing, and you do get to keep your center stand. The only time it might be lost is when you go for a 4into1 full system.

Alan

I have the 2 Bros slip-ons also and they came with the cneterstand stop. As AlanB stated, you don't have to do anything to it. The stop is incorporated in the S bend pipe and it also has a plastic? cushion that attaches to it.

Justin, Remember, the bolt probably wont fit.

Matey Peeps, Sorry I side-tracked your post.

Alan and Tom are correct, the slip-ons don't need it.

If you have a 4-1 system, you don't have to lose

your centerstand if you buy 2-Bozos bracket.

David, What did lacyclesports tell you?

Why did they give up?

Cal

Justin, I just remembered, I should tell you, since your buying an

Akra and you will no-doubt be raising your ride height,

the bracket won't be tall enough to keep the centerstand

off the chain so I attached a 1/4 inch thick piece of hard

rubber to the surface stop. That also stopped the nasty

metal to metal clunking sound when taking the bike off

the stand. Oh, one more thing, the weld was paper thin

at the stop so I reworked and welded it.

Cal

It's a long story with lacyclesports which ended up in frustation of "i just gotta get back to work, don't worry about it".

starting midway:

1) they didn't have the pc in when i bought the bike (after doing the whole deal over the phone and internet supposedly and them having "everything ready to go" for me to come in) and wanted to wait until after the 600 mile break in to install the pipes and pc anyhow

2) so i returned with the bike for the tune and parts and they didn't have the pipes but had the pc2, so i had them install it at the tune and download a stock program (supposedly)

3) so now, i had to come back, when my Micron (yes, i said micron) pipes came in that they were going to put on for me and tune to the pc

4) at home i discovered they installed a pc2 and not a pc3, called dynojet and found out that the pc2 doesn't trick the ecu of the 2002+. There is nothing lacyclesports could have downloaded into the pc2 because it wasn't taking downloads.

5) got a call that my pipes were in, set an appointment to have the pc3 installed with the pipes, get down there (all these times missing work as they are 40 miles away but on the way to work), and they have my pipes supposedly but not the pc3, they proceed to install them.

6) i happen to walk by the bay and low and behold, they've installed a 4-2-1 two brothers and not a micron, and i still have that pc2 attached to the bike. And are fighting with the centerstand to make it work. (oh yeh, the original deal was that they had a 2bros shotgun style (2cans on one side) read to install for me when i came to get the bike - yeh right)

I was going to flip out, took everything I had to just tell them fuck it, give me my bike, so i can never ever ever come back there (i've bought 4 bikes from them since 1997) - and have the stability of mind to climb on the bike and commuted 30 miles farther into work, late, again, because of this drama. :shock:

They told me they'd ship me the bracket and the centerstand, and subsequent to 7 phone calls and 3 emails they still haven't, and this was last july 2001 - idiots (and i'm a pushover i spose) - not just stupidity, but actual lies, lies, and more lies.

i guess my justice is spreading the word - although they are VERY cheap when it comes to buying a new bike from them. Just make sure it's put together correctly (different story from a friend of mine). :mad:

ride safe

p.s. they can keep my fucking centerstand and 2bros bracket - in fact - they probably sold it on ebay already