CBR1100XX.org Forum

Power Commander issues

Furbird

I've had a PCII for quite some time and just never got around to installing it. About a month ago I put it on with the attempt to lean the bike out some, which was a failed attempt, and I took it off yesterday. I noticed though that when it was on there was a horrendous off-idle delay that almost made the bike seem to surge, especially at the beginning of first gear. It was almost like there was a delay between throttle input and actual fuel delivery. With a slight roll on the throttle, it would go from 1200-2500 almost instantaneously, as in it was extremely difficult to get the bike to sit around 1800-2000 which I do at red lights to keep the battery charging and the volts up so the cooling fan (when on) spins a little faster. I also noticed that cold idle dropped down almost 400 RPM's, and it idled higher than normal when it was warm. Since I took the PCII off, both issues have disappeared, so I know it is related to that. Has anybody else noticed their PC's doing this? Could it be an error in whatever map they come with?

If you have a tuning center near you, they may be able to download your map and compare it to other BB maps to see if something is odd.

Or, you may need to get it tuned to your bike specifically.